Join us tonight as we talk about things that go bang, banks that go bust, and more on episode 510 of the We Like Shooting Show.
Our CAST is Jeremy Pozderac, Savage1R, Aaron Krieger, Nick Lynch and my name is Shawn Herrin.
- Aaron – Bang your mom, your friends or yourself
- Shawn – Ammo bank account
- Nick – 3d11
If you’d like to get in on the gunfight, go over to reddit.com/r/welikeshooting and find the post titled Gun Fights Poll Episode ___ stickied to the top of the page. Vote for the person you thought provided the best argument and they’ll win a bonus point next week. Leave a comment telling us what answer you would’ve chosen. If you have a question for gun fights, send me a PM on Reddit or Instagram, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Gun Con is coming!!!!!
- Random story from http://pew.report/random
250K in registered Braces.
Look at it and discuss 3 ways
- Never able to sell that gun again
- Government knows you own that gun
- That is .625% of all purchased braces
- 28th Amendment
- California Governor Gavin Newsom has proposed a 28th Amendment to the United States Constitution. The article suggests this might be a political move, aimed at positioning himself for a higher role within the Democratic party1.
- Newsom claims the 28th Amendment is aimed at enshrining common sense gun safety measures into the Constitution. He argues that these measures are supported by Democrats, Republicans, Independents, and gun owners, while still respecting the 2nd Amendment and America’s tradition of gun ownership1.
- The proposed amendment would do four main things:
- Raise the federal minimum age to purchase a firearm from 18 to 21;
- Mandate universal background checks to prevent dangerous individuals from buying a gun;
- Institute a waiting period for all gun purchases;
- Bar civilian purchase of assault weapons1.
- The article criticizes Newsom’s understanding of the process to amend the Constitution. It highlights that a two-thirds vote of both houses of Congress or two-thirds of the states (33) is required to propose an amendment, and then three-fourths (38) of the states have to vote to ratify the amendment1.
- The author points out that 27 states have enacted permitless concealed carry laws and questions how many of these states would support Newsom’s proposed gun control constitutional amendment1.
- The article concludes by characterizing Newsom’s proposal as a grandstanding media-grab, aimed at distracting from issues within his state and demonstrating his political capabilities to the Democratic party1.
- NRA joins SAF’s case vs. the ATF
- The Second Amendment Foundation (SAF) has welcomed the National Rifle Association’s (NRA) request to join in a federal lawsuit against the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (ATF)1.
- The lawsuit challenges the ATF’s new “arm brace rule” which reverses the agency’s previous position that pistol braces did not convert pistols into short-barreled rifles, thus making them subject to regulation under the 1934 National Firearms Act1.
- On May 31, U.S. District Judge Jane J. Boyle confirmed that the preliminary injunction she had issued in the case applied not only to SAF but also to its members1.
- The NRA is going to court to obtain preliminary, and ultimately permanent, injunctive relief restraining Defendants from enforcing the new rule against law-abiding NRA members1.
- SAF founder and Executive Vice President, Alan M. Gottlieb, stated that if the NRA’s motion is granted, more American gun owners will enjoy the same protection SAF members were granted under Judge Boyle’s preliminary injunction order1.
- The SAF is joined in the case by Rainier Arms, LLC, and two private citizens, Samuel Walley and William Green, and they are represented by attorney Chad Flores1.
- Gottlieb emphasized SAF’s commitment to the cause, stating, “We’re in this for the long haul, and we intend to win,” referring to their intention to fight for firearms freedom1.
- Biden taps Harris as gun control czar
- President Joe Biden has assigned Vice President Kamala Harris to lead the messaging on his gun control achievements as part of his 2024 reelection campaign.
- This decision comes in response to Biden’s need to appeal to gun control activists, given his failure to pass substantial gun control legislation.
- Biden and Harris face two main obstacles: Congress and the U.S. Constitution. Congress has not been receptive to legislation aimed at banning modern sporting rifles (MSRs), and the administration’s attempts to regulate firearms through executive orders have been met with legal and legislative challenges.
- The administration’s gun control agenda has frustrated activists, who are upset that the administration cannot erase the Second Amendment to further a more radical gun control agenda.
- When Harris was a presidential candidate, she promised to enact strict gun control measures unilaterally if Congress did not act within her first 100 days in office. This included a pledge to ban the importation of all so-called “assault weapons,” or MSRs.
- According to media reports, Harris also pledged to mandate “near universal background checks” and to revoke a gun dealer or manufacturer license if they broke the law, making them criminally liable through executive action.
- Harris faces a challenging task leading the messaging efforts for an administration that has admitted to failing to deliver on their promises and is hindered in further action on gun control restrictions.
- The article suggests that regardless of who the messenger is for their gun control platform, the American public may not be receptive. The article points out that significant numbers of minorities and women have purchased firearms since 2020, and gun rights groups from across the political spectrum are seeing membership numbers dramatically increase.
- The article suggests that Biden’s administration policies are driving millions of Americans to lawful gun ownership and that sending Harris to be the “leading voice” on these policies may indicate that the administration isn’t listening to the American people1.
- NAGR too!
- Three injunctions currently protect the members of Gun Owners of America (GOA), Firearms Policy Coalition (FPC), and Second Amendment Foundation (SAF) from enforcement under the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives’ (ATF) new rule on pistol braces.
- The ATF’s new rule, which went into effect on June 1, essentially bans almost all uses of pistol braces. Despite an “amnesty” period, very few brace owners elected to comply with the new law.
- The National Association for Gun Rights (NAGR) and the National Rifle Association (NRA) have now moved to protect their members from the ATF’s enforcement efforts.
- NAGR, in conjunction with the Wisconsin Institute for Law and Liberty (WILL) and Texas Gun Rights (TXGR), has filed a lawsuit against the ATF in Texas. The lawsuit argues that the new rule expands the definition of “rifle” under federal law, imposing potential criminal liability on millions of Americans exercising their Second Amendment rights.
- The NRA is seeking to join the Second Amendment Foundation’s (SAF) lawsuit against the ATF as a named plaintiff. This move is to obtain injunctive relief for its members to stop the ATF from enforcing its new rule. The case is known as SAF, et.al. v. ATF, et. al.
- SAF, represented by attorney Chad Flores, is joined in the case by Rainier Arms, LLC and two private citizens, Samuel Walley and William Green.
- The Congressional Research Service estimates that 10 to 40 million stabilizing braces are currently in circulation. However, the ATF says only 250,000 have been registered as of the May 31st deadline.
- FFL thefts might be more illegal’er
- U.S. Senator Lindsey Graham, along with 22 co-sponsors, introduced the FFL Protection Act. The bill aims to strengthen and enhance criminal penalties for thefts of firearms from federally licensed firearm retailers1.
- The Act sends a strong message to criminals engaging in illegal activities, supporting safer communities, law enforcement, and protecting the livelihoods of firearm retailers1.
- The FFL Protection Act builds on the efforts of the National Shooting Sports Foundation (NSSF) to address robbery and burglary of firearms through a partnership with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (ATF) on Operation Secure Store, a firearm industry safety initiative1.
- As part of Operation Secure Store, NSSF matches ATF reward offers for information leading to the arrest and conviction of criminals responsible for these crimes and the recovery of stolen firearms. The NSSF also raises awareness among firearm retailers about steps they can take to prevent gun theft during a burglary or robbery1.
- The ATF has reported that Operation Secure Store is effective. The number of firearm retailer burglaries dropped to 277 in 2021, down from 577 in 2017, and the number of firearms stolen from retailers dropped by 65% during the same period1.
- The FFL Protection Act has also been introduced in the U.S. House of Representatives as H.R. 2620 by Congressmen John Rutherford (R-Fla.) and Henry Cuellar (D-Texas)1.
Five Stars from 509notacommie: Shawn STOP READING DIRECT FROM A.I. we all get it you are a tech guy and you 100% should use chat bot AI to optimize your search ….. no one wants to hear it .
|GUNS/PARTS||Aero Precision||WLSISLIFE||10% off!||Aero Precision Coupon Code|
|HOLSTERS||Black Rhino Concealment||WLSISLIFE||10% off!||Black Rhino Concealment Coupon Code|
|BELTS / ETC||Blue Alpha||Msg us for the code!||10% off!||Blue Alpha Coupon Code|
|SUPPRESSORS||Bowers Group||WLS||$15 off!||Bowers Group Coupon Code|
|EVERYTHING||Brownells||WLS10||10% off orders of $150+||Brownells Coupon Codes|
|CERAKOTE/LASER ENGRAVING||Crossed Rifles||WLSISLIFE||15% off Cerakote and Laser Engraving!||Crossed Rifles Coupon Code|
|SLINGS, ETC||Flatline Fiber Co.||WLS13||13% off!||Flatline Fiber Co. Coupon Code|
|BINARY TRIGGERS / GUNS||Franklin Armory||WLS10||10% off!||Franklin Armory Coupon Code|
|FIREARMS/ACCESSORIES||Matador Arms||WLSISLIFE||15% off||Matador Arms Coupon|
|MEDICAL||Medical Gear Outfitters||WELIKESHOOTING||11% off!||Medical Gear Coupon Codes|
|NIGHT SIGHTS||Night Fision||WLSISLIFE||15% off!||Night Fision Coupon Code|
|SURVIVAL FOOD||Nutrient Survival||WLS10||15% off!||Nutrient Survival Coupon Code|
|PATCHES||Patriot Patch Co.||WLS10||10% off!||Patriot Patch Co Coupon Code|
|SELF DEFENSE INSURANCE||Second Call Defense||Click Link||Free month / free shirt!||Second Call Defense Coupon Code|
|OPTICS||Swampfox Optics||WLS4EVER||15% off!||Swampfox Optics Discount Code|
|MAGS/ACCESSORIES||The Mag Shack||The Mag Shack|
We’re here live every week on Monday and on-demand every day. Go to welikeshooting.com/show to subscribe!
JOIN THE GUN CULT
Our Patreon replacement! Check out The Gun Cult to find out how you can help!