Join us tonight as we talk about Cog-switch, Combat Hoodies, and more on episode 508 of the We Like Shooting Show.
Our CAST is Jeremy Pozderac, Savage1R, Aaron Krieger, Nick Lynch and my name is Shawn Herrin.
- Aaron – The-scopeswitch how about the scope cog?
- Shawn – P320
- Nick – ASNL Cali Combat Hoodie
If you’d like to get in on the gunfight, go over to reddit.com/r/welikeshooting and find the post titled Gun Fights Poll Episode ___ stickied to the top of the page. Vote for the person you thought provided the best argument and they’ll win a bonus point next week. Leave a comment telling us what answer you would’ve chosen. If you have a question for gun fights, send me a PM on Reddit or Instagram, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Memorial Day was first known as Decoration Day.
- It started after the American Civil War, which ended in 1865.
- The day was meant to honor both Union and Confederate soldiers who died during the war.
- People would decorate the graves of these soldiers with flowers, hence the name “Decoration Day.”
- Over time, the day came to be known as Memorial Day, and it became a day to honor all U.S. military personnel who have died in service.
- In 1971, the U.S. Congress declared Memorial Day a national holiday.
- It’s celebrated on the last Monday of May each year.
- Traditional ways to celebrate include visiting cemeteries, participating in parades, and spending time with family.
- A special moment of silence, called the National Moment of Remembrance, takes place at 3 p.m. local time on Memorial Day. This is a time to pause and remember the soldiers who have died.
- Memorial Day Meals
- Joining FPC or GOA will protect you during the injunction period as we wait for the SC to strike down the case.
- David Hogg and Mom’s Demand Attention are going from lawschool to lawschool and getting students/grads to sign a ‘pledge’ to undermine the 2A.
- Anti-gun groups are trying to limit the future representation of the gun industry by urging law students to pledge not to represent the Second Amendment when they become lawyers. The pledge, introduced at top law schools in the United States, including Yale and Vanderbilt, asks students to promise not to work for firms advocating on behalf of the industry and to reject pro bono work for gun rights organizations. The speaker describes the pledge as a backdoor gun control and calls on viewers to consider the impact of anti-gun efforts on college campuses, which could lead to the loss of the next generation of Second Amendment supporters.
- Chevron deference has been shot down and the ATF is royally fucking screwed. Great news!
- In a video discussing recent Supreme Court decisions regarding administrative agencies like the ATF, it is suggested that the ATF is in big trouble due to their expanding authority and interpretation of laws in ways most favorable to them. Recent Supreme Court decisions on the EPA have implications for the ATF’s power over private property, including bump stocks and pistol braces, and reinforce the need for clear and specific language in statutes to prevent arbitrary or discriminatory regulations. The video predicts potential trouble for the ATF’s authority over the American gun industry if they don’t have the support of Congress.
Sackett vs. EPA:
- The Sacketts wanted to build a house near Priest Lake in Idaho.
- To get ready, they started filling their land with gravel.
- The EPA, a group that protects the environment, said “Stop! Your land is a special place called a wetland that we need to protect.”
- But the Sacketts didn’t agree and said their land isn’t under the EPA’s control.
- This argument went on for 14 years and finally reached the Supreme Court, which is the highest court in the US.
- On May 25, 2023, the Supreme Court agreed with the Sacketts. This makes the Clean Water Act, a law that protects water, weaker1.
Five Stars from Jaden D:
Absolutely fantastic podcast. Best damn firearms podcast there is! I’ve been listening for a while now and went back to listen to many more. I’ve probably listened to 100-150 episodes so far. I’ve learned a lot and been entertained for hours. I’d love to meet the cast someday, they’re all great! I’m even friends with shawn on call of Duty, though I’ve never got to play with him. Ps. My clan tag is WLS69 for easy identification. Keep it up guys!!
Five Polygons from Genoa Sydroks:
Great show, very entertaining discussions and hilarious cast members with many chunks of valuable knowledge sprinkled amongst the banter. I love how the podcast addresses both technical questions, legal questions, and isn’t afraid to cross any boundary (except for criticizing Israel or using the hard R apparently). Here is my assessment of the cast members:
Sheawhn is the glue that holds everything together and seemingly the only one who knows how to operate a computer. I love how he is both the voice of reason as well as by far the biggest asshole on the podcast at the same time. Kind of a poser for acting all prepper like but living in an apartment like a cuck. Overall though I’m glad he’s here.
Jeremy pretends to be what Sheawhn often is, aka a giant douche, but it’s pretty obvious he’s actually a giant teddy bear who is always helping a brother out despite his harsh words. I guess raising daughters does that to you. There’s a reason he’s everyone’s favorite, his opinions are usually right, except regarding the definition of chili.
Nick is great gameshow host, though I think the first rendition of gunfights was the best, please go back to that. Despite being the most monotone and depressed sounding cast member, he always manages to surprise everyone with a well timed quip or ill timed bowel movement.
Aaron and Savage are the retarded kids that everyone is friends with just because they love seeing the stupid shit they get up to. When they argue with each other, it’s probably one of the most hilarious bits of the show. It’s like watching a crackhead fight a creepy serial killer.
Keep it up guys and just know that I cry myself to sleep every night because I live in California and 90% of your subject matter is illegal here.
Five Stars from Jeep Jon:
Newish listener, best podcast ever! Great content with everything from guns and gear talk to hilarious banter, engrossing stories and even where to buy horse cum. How much more can you ask for?!?!?
|GUNS/PARTS||Aero Precision||WLSISLIFE||10% off!||Aero Precision Coupon Code|
|HOLSTERS||Black Rhino Concealment||WLSMOFO||10% off!||Black Rhino Concealment Coupon Code|
|BELTS / ETC||Blue Alpha||Msg us for the code!||10% off!||Blue Alpha Coupon Code|
|SUPPRESSORS||Bowers Group||WLS||$15 off!||Bowers Group Coupon Code|
|EVERYTHING||Brownells||WLS10||10% off orders of $150+||Brownells Coupon Codes|
|CERAKOTE/LASER ENGRAVING||Crossed Rifles||WLSISLIFE||15% off Cerakote and Laser Engraving!||Crossed Rifles Coupon Code|
|SLINGS, ETC||Flatline Fiber Co.||WLS13||13% off!||Flatline Fiber Co. Coupon Code|
|BINARY TRIGGERS / GUNS||Franklin Armory||WLS10||10% off!||Franklin Armory Coupon Code|
|FIREARMS/ACCESSORIES||Matador Arms||WLSISLIFE||15% off||Matador Arms Coupon|
|MEDICAL||Medical Gear Outfitters||WELIKESHOOTING||11% off!||Medical Gear Coupon Codes|
|NIGHT SIGHTS||Night Fision||WLSISLIFE||15% off!||Night Fision Coupon Code|
|SURVIVAL FOOD||Nutrient Survival||WLS10||15% off!||Nutrient Survival Coupon Code|
|PATCHES||Patriot Patch Co.||WLS10||10% off!||Patriot Patch Co Coupon Code|
|SELF DEFENSE INSURANCE||Second Call Defense||Click Link||Free month / free shirt!||Second Call Defense Coupon Code|
|OPTICS||Swampfox Optics||WLS4EVER||15% off!||Swampfox Optics Discount Code|
|MAGS/ACCESSORIES||The Mag Shack||The Mag Shack|
We’re here live every week on Monday and on-demand every day. Go to welikeshooting.com/show to subscribe!
JOIN THE GUN CULT
Our Patreon replacement! Check out The Gun Cult to find out how you can help!