WLS 139 – Run Aaron, run!
WLS 139 - Run Aaron, run!
Welcome to the We Like Shooting show, Episode 139 – tonight we’ll talk about Strike Industries, Ergo Grip, Lyman G5, DEZ Rifles, Alien Gear Holsters, Heritage Arms and Hill & Mac Gunworks!
Our team of patch adams tonight, starts with
- A Do it yourself YouTuber that once drank an entire bottle of Rogaine, not sure that’s how it works, – Savage1r
- Advocate for women’s shooting, blogger at heelsandhandguns.com and retired navy officer, a woman who can bring home the bacon in form of a pig then butcher it with the skill of Casey Ryback – Lil Chantilly
- Former Marine and owner of River’s Edge Tactical. A guy who once ate the heart of a deer he had not killed yet. – Jeremy Pozderac
- A precision rifle builder that is single and ready to mingle – Nick Lynch
- We are also joined by the self proclaimed Machine Gun Moses, the man who’s words are like rubbing sandpaper on your heart. – Aaron Krieger.
- My name is Shawn, I am like the David Carradine of the group, not the kung fu part…, let me introduce our guest.
He is the owner and head of engineering of Hill & Mac Gunworks, please welcome Mac Steil!
Ask about peanut butter preference.
Second Call Defense
Everyone who signs up gets a free We Like Shooting coffee mug, just send your email confirmation to email@example.com
Don’t wait until it’s too late. https://welikeshooting.com/scd –
Proof Research Barrel winner!
|James Cole||Thanks for supporting We Like Shooting.|
Grizzly Brass Winner
Mark Todd firstname.lastname@example.org
JC Arms & Ammunition – https://welikeshooting.com/jc – 5 Boxes of ammunition!
Grizzly – https://welikeshooting.com/grizzly – Weekly brass sampler packs!
Redleg Tactical Holster giveaway! https://welikeshooting.com/redleg – 5 custom kydex holsters
NRA Annual Meeting Meetup!
FRN listener meetup at the NRA Show in Louisville! meet us at the Cardinal Hall of Fame Cafe on Saturday May 21st at 7pm. Wear your We Like Shooting swag!
Troy has reserved us a respectable location at Cardinal Hall of Fame Cafe! We have the Freedom Hall Room reserved. It holds 40 people. http://www.cardinalhalloffamecafe.com it is just outside the north gates of the parking lot to the fairgrounds where the NRA is being held.
Please start plugging the meetup on all the shows until the week of NRA. Tell people to meet us at the Cardinal Hall of Fame Cafe on Saturday May 21st at 7pm. If they can say “Ambidextrous” as well as I can I’ll buy them a drink.
Lil’s Livefire Lounge:
Coupon code WLS10 for 10% off any day, every day (not combinable with WLS30, only one coupon code at a time) for WLS listeners. Don’t share with people who don’t listen, they don’t deserve it! Or, better yet, just tell your friends they should listen!
and now it’s time for… Gear Chat
where we talk about stuff that we have, want and need!
- savage1r: Strike Industries Ultimate Dust Cover
- Aaron – Ergo Grip Build
- Jeremy – Lyman G5 Powder System
- Lil – DEZ Tactical 5.56 Competition Rifle – Match Grade
- Nick – Heritage Arms Rough Rider .22lr
JC ARMS AND AMMUNITION PROMO –
New promo code. $5 off any order of $50 or more WLS5OFF
OR buy a range pack and get $5 off your first order. Use code WLS5OFFRP
Brought to you by JC Arms and Ammunition is Going Ballistic with Savage1r (News/Politics/Etc.)
- I-594 Update: 50 criminals have been denied private sales since 2014 out of 4,000 denials from traditional gun shops. For comparison, there were 4,000 denials, total, in 2013. As we all know 40% of guns are sold over the internet and at gun shows in private sales.
- TV’s propaganda mill at work in Law and Order.
- Today is the day that Nolo from Arfcom argues for machine guns in the Third Circuit Court of Appeals in Philadelphia – http://www2.ca3.uscourts.gov/oralargument/audio/15-2859USAv.OnePalmettoetal.mp3
- So basically it was like this. We didn’t appeal NFA dismissal so standing is not an issue bc PA doesn’t ban MGs.
- Gov conceded standing if no NFA challenge, but didn’t know we didn’t brief NFA challenge in appeal (lol)
- MGs are dangerous and unusual and every court has said no 2nd amendment right. So we walked through caetano and dangerous and unusual. One of the judges had done the math because he said 175k was 1/2 of 1%, and then I added the samples in and got us back to caetano which says its in common use by law abiding citizens. Criminal cases are easily distinguishable because Watson is not a criminal and this is an as applied challenged. One of the judges tried to get me to concede as applied and why I didn’t Brief it. I said it was unnecessary because the court agreed we had an as applied challenge and the gov didn’t contest it.
- Strict scrutiny applies because the gov has no compelling interest and no evidence of lawfully owned MGs in crime.
- Donald Trump said he would revoke the NFA if elected. This would be a modern gold rush for the firearms market. Less the political side, but more what would it mean if the NFA was removed.
DEZ promo and SDI promo
We are planning an event in Shelby Twp. Michigan in June during the weekend of the 11th. Our plan is to take 10 listeners and do some force on force fun using simunition. The event will cost 60 dollars per person, you will get a shirt, meet some of the cast and get a chance to shoot Aaron in the face. Who knows there might be a couple shock knives involved. If you are interested go to welikeshooting.com/shootaaronintheface and sign up.
Love, Hate, Love again
by 2tailedtomcat on Apr 04, 2016
I enjoyed this podcast when it was one hour ling. Great banter back and forth and loved the interaction between these odd characters. When it when to two hours, I thought it was tool ong, mainly because it took away from the other podcast I listened too each week.Now, I look forward to downloading this podcast each week and get to liosten, and laugh with, this clowns for one whole commuting day! Two hours is NOT too much and I love getting the new week’s podcast each Thursday.Keep it up, never lose Jeremy, and Lil, and Kelly, and Savage and Nick. Shawn- you have put together a great entereaining podcast.Signed,2tailedtomcat
by moonshiner1820 on Apr 03, 2016
Worth listening to just for the DEZ Tactical coupon! Besides that a fun show and great weekly listen. The Jeremy giant act is funny, but as a former Marine myself Iâd just trip him then help him up and drink to our service and those Marines we miss and then make diabetes jokes to Aaron. Lil would get a throne and weâd have Shawn and Savage carry it! Great show!
by Tren Byington on Mar 29, 2016
Great show, Aaron is by far the best panelist, he makes up for Shawn’s annoying habit of keeping them all on topic. Whether you’re turning in for Jeremy’s offensive rants or savages knowledgeable insights. give them a listen
You can do one or both, either way your contributions are greatly appreciated!
- Find us on all the social media and our website.
Just a reminder to join a gun related advocacy group (ask the guest about their state) and we always give out the Suicide prevention line, that number is 1 (800) 273-8255
“If you think there’s a chance, no matter how small, that there might be just ONE more happy day out there for you, call that number”
We’re here live every week on Monday nights and on demand every Thursday. Go to welikeshooting.com/show to subscribe!
Thanks for listening, and shoot straight.
You can download or subscribe to our weekly show every Thursday at https://welikeshooting.com/show
If you’d like to watch live, our show broadcasts live every Wednesday night at 7:30PM (MT), watch it and chat with us at http://gunchannels.com/WeLikeShooting
Please support our advertisers, DEZ Tactical Arms, Manticore Arms, Second Call Defense and the Sonoran Desert Institute.
Also check out our syndication partners ModernArms.net, GunsSaveLives.net, AR-15 Gun Owners of America and Guns America.