WLS 035 – Knowing is half the battle
Welcome to the We Like Shooting show, Episode 35. This episode we’ll talk about trigger mania, manners stock, yugo zastava PAP, TN Arms, Wiebad and hardcore hardware tactical tomahawks.
Our panel tonight
We are joined by
- Savage1r – A YouTuber who makes videos about shooting, philosophy, and do it yourself projects. is addicted to laxatives (not the kind you eat) DOING IT BETTER:
- Lil Chantilly – Lil is Active Duty Navy, womens shooting advocate, NRA Women content partner, long range shooter and gun blogger, at Heelsandhandguns.com. Once wrestled a bear in a cage match, the bear oddly smelled of stale cigarettes and gunpowder DOING IT BETTER:
- Aaron – A Law enforcement marketing specialist and the media contact for We Like Shooting. Aaron has a 2 phobias one is midgets DOING IT BETTER
- Jeremy – Former Marine, instructor, rifle champ and the owner of River’s Edge Tactical in Ohio. Once dressed as a bear so he could wrestle Lil DOING IT BETTER Will hopefully get out this weekend to shoot video for the Juggernaut Tactical, Henry .44 Mag Big Boy, and a ATI 12 gauge shotgun, and the WLS challenge.
- Nick – A precision rifle and barrel maker. Nick discovered and later published a paper about, that if you do put lipstick on a pig, it does look more attractive DOING IT BETTER
- Shawn – I’m Shawn, I’m an instructor, reviewer, competitor. Is going on tour this summer with Justin Beiber, heck I am a belieber. It’s a black op. I can’t say any more. Well, I mean we’ll be playing black ops. Whatever, he’s a nice guy and he buys me things. Don’t you dare judge me. DOING IT BETTER:
- Guest bio: Tonight we welcome radio host of Warrior Talk Radio and Co-Founder of HEAR our VETERANS, we read on twitter that she is actually a dude, please join me in welcoming GI Jenn! DOING IT BETTER: started a radio show for VETERANS
This is our drinking game.
- Shawn – interesting, Actually, absolutely, fantastic, basically, nice
- Aaron – Piece, clip or interrupts someone!
- Anybody – WEAPON, Hi-Point.
- Jeremy – I hate you all!
- Nick – Chocolate Rain
- savage1r – ya know, basically
- Lil – Oh My Goodness! (Usually brought on by something Aaron says.)
- Zak – Any time Zak says anything.
- Guest: GI Jenn
and now it’s time for…
where we talk about stuff that we have, want and need!
- Shawn: Trigger mania!
- Aaron: Manners Stock
- Savage1r: Yugo Zastava PAP M92PVB AK Style Pistol, Krinkov Pattern, 7.62×39, with Stabilizer Brace. Or a Remmington 870.
- Nick: TN Arms lower
- Lil: Wiebad Steady Rest Shooting Bags
- GI Jenn – hardcore hardware, tactical tomahawk
We announced our patron project and we’ve seen huge support from you! Thank you so much for believing in what we are doing!
We’re raising money to give back to our audience and make the show better. If you like the show please consider contributing. 50 cents, a dollar, a nickel, a penny (aaron), whatever you can do. It only amounts to a few bucks per month but there are all kinds of rewards and we will constantly be adding to the list. Patches, shirts, swag boxes – SO. MUCH. STUFF.
If you enjoy the show and want to help, please visit https://welikeshooting.com/pledge and see what we put together.
It’s time for…
Going ballistic (news stories, gun control, etc.)
Put out a call to the audience, if they know of a story we should discuss, send it to us!
- Savage1r – http://www.atf.gov/press/releases/2014/04/040714-special-advisory-test-examination-and-classification-7n6-545×39-ammunition.html – ARE YOU BEEEEP KIDDING ME?
- Savage1r – http://politics.suntimes.com/article/washington/eric-holder-wants-gun-owners-wear-tracking-bracelets/mon-04072014-221pm
- GI Jenn – PTSD in the media…. SICK OF IT
- Shawn – http://www.examiner.com/article/saf-wins-injunction-v-n-m-citizens-only-ccw-requirement?CID=examiner_alerts_article
A-arons Odds news of the week
New Jersey teen Ethan Chaplin suspended from school for pencil gesture. So a teen made a gesture that turned his pencil into a gun. He was suspended from school and given 5 hours of psych evaluation. Now I have been guilty of making a lot of things into guns, sticks, cardboard tubes, heck even my fingers. Are we getting a little crazy with all these assumptions. What other non-threatening things can we make into fictional weapons? (I once used a cat)
7 Card Stud, check it out at https://welikeshooting.com/shootout
If fictional characters were to use modern publicly available firearms, what would they use? Pick ONE or two. Guest please pick one and put your choice on that line.
This week: Robin Hood: Men in Tights
- Robin Hood – Shawn – Pardini SP1 Pistol in .22LR. Used in the Olympics for Rapid Fire pistol. Shoot out a bees eye at 100 paces.
- Prince John – Nick – Ruger Alaskan .454
- Sheriff of Rottingham Jeremy: Glock 23 (what else is a cop gonna use, he also shoots himself in the leg)
- Marian – GI JENN – 22 gatling gun
- Blinkin – Savage1r – Stoeger double barrel shotgun
- Ahchoo – Aaron – Hi-point, for 2 reasons, 1 they are poor and it is a cheap gun, 2 it is Dave Chappelle
- King Richard — Lil — Barrett MRAD (.338 Lapua)
Gun related link of the week
- Lil: Gungoddess.com
- Aaron: http://www.unammo.com/ First off any site that features skynnard, win, second It came to us from one of our patrons Steve F. so Check it out!
User feedback and user questions
We have a listener in Australia and I wanted to quickly read a note he sent us talking about Australia’s gun control.
Love your podcasts , really look forward to hearing them every week .keep up the good work!!
If you think the guns laws in the U.S suck … Spare a thought for us minions over here in Australia ..no semi autos unless you are a certified professional pest controller ,every firearm has to be redgistered Fromm a bb air rifle to a large calibre centre fire , all firearms have to be stored in an approved rifle safe that has to be inspected by the police regularly ,… Some times un announced . All ammo to be stored in an approve ammo safe or strong box ,.you can only purchase ammo that you have a fire arm redgistered in that calibre, every time you buy gun powder it gets logged into a data base with your licence details………all in the name of public safety …….yeah right,.????
All because of our last Mass shooting back in 1996,,, all these draconian laws we’re put into place …and in the mean time Middle Eastern crime gangs our shooting up our streets in south Western Sydney on a near daily occurance .,with there illegal semi auto assault rifles and handguns …… And if buy some chance any of these oxygen thieves get apprehended ,,,they are lucky to ever receive a custodial sentence ,
But ,, if a licensed law abiding firearms owner gets caught with any loose rounds of ammo or not properly securing a firearm ….you would receive a massive fine ,in excess of thousands of dollars and get your rifles confiscated and licences susspended …….. What a f…ing joke ,!!!!! Man listening to all the firearms that you can get over there leaves us in awe !!! Keep up the great work
Companies love to give our audience discounts.
Go check out https://welikeshooting.com/discounts/ to see discounts from DEZ Tactical Arms, Rivers Edge Tactical, Kenaz Tactical Group, Jess Pens and Overwatch Holsters!
Thanks to everyone else that has commented on our social media and our show website. If you would like to correspond with us please
- Email us questions, comments, or insults at firstname.lastname@example.org,
- leave us feedback on iTunes,
- comment on our show website – welikeshootingpodcast.com,
- search for us on google plus
What shows to listen to on FRN
- Lil: Precision Rifle Podcast – Episode 28
- Aaron Fat2fit
If you could describe the show in a quick sentence, what would you say?
GUEST: Total Debauchery
Thanks for listening, and shoot straight.