WLS 021 – Robot Alert
Tonight we’ll talk about North american arms, lancer mags, 80% lowers, sten parts, laserlyte, revolvers, mag pouches
Our panel tonight
Tonight I will tell one lie per introduction. See if you can tell what it is.
We are joined by
- Savage1r – A YouTuber who makes videos about shooting, philosophy, and do it yourself projects
- Savage also Got the camo snuggy for christmas now wears it as his fancy duds
- Lil Chantilly – Lil is Active Duty Navy, womens shooting advocate, long range shooter and gun blogger, at Heelsandhandguns.com, Keeps a range book with the names of all of the WLS team members and the effective range it would take to pick us off.
- Aaron – Law enforcement marketing specialist, former director of logistics and media contact for WLS. He also moonlights as a balding, bearded, washed up comic.
- Jeremy – Former Marine, instructor, owner of River’s Edge Tactical in Ohio. Owns a replica of the General Lee, never drives it but slides across the hood for effect.
- Nick – Nick spends his day making high dollar rifles and barrels and once found a ring that allows him to turn invisible, but now he has been deformed and twisted in both body and mind by the corruption of the Ring. His chief desire is to possess the Ring that has enslaved him
- Zak – Zak is retired Air Force Security Forces, full time nursing student. He has a face for radio and a voice for the internet.
- Rhody – Firefighter/EMT, gunsmith, machinist, shooter and a founding member of the band The Rock-afire Explosion.
- Shawn – I’m Shawn, I’m an instructor, reviewer, competitor and owner of River’s Edge Tactical in Ohio.
GUEST PLEASE SIGN IN WITH SHORT BIO
Rich from GunTortureTests.com/Arrowhead Ammunition – Renouned YouTuber, Warhammer 40K geek, prior military and retired law enforcement He is an FFL/SOT/Gunsmith/IDPA shooter, wannabe ammunition manufacturer he also invented extreme leg wrestling
- Shawn – interesting, Actually, absolutely, fantastic, basically, nice
- Aaron – Piece, clip or Max get your finger out of your nose!
- Anybody – WEAPON, Hi-Point.
- Jeremy – I hate all of you
- Nick – Poop-a-licious
- savage1r – ya know, basically
- Lil – Oh My Goodness! (Usually brought on by something Aaron says.)
- Zak – Any time Zak says anything.
- Rhody – Wicked, pissah, freakin’, top shelf (or when he doesnt pronounce an R in a word)
- Rich – Okay?
Doing it better!
What have we done lately in guns, outdoors and gear?
- Aaron: Shooting up north with new targets
- Shawn: Testing a bunch of triggers.
- Rhody – Product testing (Safeguard Armor, Apex Tactical Solutions, Wolff Gunsprings, to name a couple)
- Rich – Arrowhead Ammunition (duh)
This segment we talk about stuff that we have, want and need!
- Shawn: NAA Sidewinder with Conversion
- Savage1r: Lancer Mag (Rich LOVES these, FYI)
- Aaron: Juggernaut Tactical 80% lower debacle
- Nick: Sten Parts Kit
- Lil: LaserLyte Targets and Cartridges (I want to talk to Aaron about this vs. his target live.)
- Jeremy: Armi Olmi 963 MF Revolver
- Zak – NEED: AR milling jig; WANT: .308 AR receivers in AR-10, SR-25 and DPMS patterns
- Rhody – Need AR rifle kit, want a ksg, have a 1911 for projects (whatever you want me to talk about).
- Rich – Wilson Combat open-front mag pouch, and why I hate them.
This segment is for us to talk about things and stuff going in the gun world. Panelists, Vent away.
- Savage – http://denver.cbslocal.com/2013/12/29/gop-to-revisit-colorado-gun-laws-in-upcoming-session/
- Savage – http://www.surenews.com/controversial/wowconnecticut-gun-owners-wait-in-line-to-register-firearms-and-their-high-capacity-magazines-to-comply-with-new-laws.htm
- Aaron: http://www.policeone.com/bizarre/articles/6693951-Ore-man-on-meth-fights-off-12-cops-while-masturbating-in-bar/
- Zak – http://www.duffelblog.com/2013/07/army-study-finds-marines-tun-tavern-was-actually-a-gay-bar/
News or anything else going on
Now we’ll quickly go through each panelists state and with one word they will describe the current gun law/regulation atmosphere. No colors
- Colorado: Hoth
- Michigan: Jotunheim (yorn un hime)
- Washington: Snow
- Ohio nothing
- California: Unexpected
- Montana: Freedom!
- Rhode Island: least controlled state in southern new england. Ask about CT gun registration, and RI concealed carry laws (Exeter town council recall steming from concealed weapon permits)
If fictional characters were to use modern publicly available firearms, what would they use? Pick ONE or two.
This week: Ghost Busters
- Dr. Peter Venkman – Nick – Kimber 1911 (looks cool, acts cool, not actually cool)
- Dr. Raymond “Ray” Stanz — Lil – AR-10 with a high capacity drum magazine, modified to emit a high-capacity stream of order-reducing particles that hypo-bond to ectoplasmic matter, effectively immobilizing ghosts. (An Armalite AR-10, or one of the many other ARs chambered in .308 or 7.62×51 that people call an AR-10 but are not?)
- Dana Barrett – Savage1r – Barrett MRAD .338 Lapua. She’s a family member right?
- Dr. Egon Spengler- Jeremy -Glock 19 (no nonsense, ugly as fuck, but does the job with no personality)
- Louis Tully – Shawn – M26 Modular Accessory Shotgun System
- Janine Melnitz – Zak – Ruger LCR with a laser
- Slimer – Rich – Jiminez 380. Cheap and greasy, like him.
- Walter Peck – Aaron – Snub Nose 38 Special
- Winston Zeddmore – Rhody – Dual S&W 500s. Two fists full of FU, what else needs to be said?
Gun related link of the week
- savage1r: www.ammo-can.net – walmart ammo finder
- Lil: A Girl and a Gun Club
- Aaron: http://www.saysuncle.com/
- Rhody: Apex Tactical Specialties; apextactical.com
User feedback and user questions
- Rdesrosiers – “listening to the show feels like I am with best friends” … “I’m in love with Lil and bust a gun with Nick’s and Jeremy’s humor”
- CoyoteDown – “Good information and somewhat entertaining”
- MikeyE – This podcast is good enough to start a fan podcast from. I could call it “I Like We Like Shooting”
- Jesse1911 – “active duty Navy hottie” … “I hate when it ends”
- Mr. Starg8 – “I especially like that the episodes are at least 2 hours long. sweet”
- E_s_i_o_n – “if only Lil was able to get herself a tactical beard”
- Biggofaz – “don’t change a thing”
For my next purchase should I get a PWS 12.75″ SBR or a Tavor? Both are 5.56 and Piston operated.
New giveaway! Leave us an iTunes review or email us and tell us why iTunes sucks. Either way. We’ll decide which one amuses us most every week and give the person that left it a free t-shirt.
- Rivers edge tactical codes: RiversEdgeTactical.net use coupon code wlslistener
- You can also check out our store at welikeshooting.com/store, stickers, paracord bracelets and camera mounts
Thanks to everyone else that has commented on our social media and our show website.
Please email us questions, comments, or insults at [email protected],
- leave us feedback on iTunes,
- comment on our show website – welikeshootingpodcast.com,
- search for us on google plus
If you like our show, please share it.. You can share http://welikeshootingpodcast.com/itunes. Check out WeLikeShooting.com for great reviews, tips, tricks, videos.
Companies! We are one of the fastest growing shows on the network. Advertisers?
What shows to listen to on FRN
- Aaron: Fat 2 Fit
- Lil: This Week in Guns Episode 052
GUEST: If you were to describe this show in a quick sentence, what would you say?
Rich: trailer park boys with guns.
Thanks for listening, and shoot straight.