WLS 006 – Watch out for military assault spoons!
This episode we’re going to talk about compact handguns, laser training, long range rifles, stocks, grips, targets and whatever else comes up.
Our panel tonight
- Savage1r is a YouTuber who makes videos about shooting, philosor-raptors, and do it yourself projects.
- Lil Chantilly – Lil is an Active Duty Navy, womens shooting advocate, long range shooter and gun blogger, at Heelsandhandguns.com
- Aaron – Law enforcement marketing specialist, and media contact for WLS.
- Jeremy – Former Marine, instructor, and owner of River’s Edge Tactical in Ohio
- Nick – Nick spends his day making high dollar rifles and barrels
- Zak – Zak is retired Air Force Security Forces and full time nursing student
- Shawn – I’m Shawn, I’m an instructor, reviewer, competitor and my wife thinks its all very boring.
- Now, our special guest this week is a Youtube firearms enthusiast specializing in Guns Girls & Gear, please join me in welcoming Hank Strange – Hank Strange on Youtube
Introduce drinking game – LIST of WORDS TO NEVER SAY – drinking game.
- Shawn – interesting, Actually, absolutely, fantastic..
- Aaron – Piece, clip or pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis
- Anybody – WEAPON
- Nick – poop
- Hank- Twerk, twerking, way to twerk it
Welcome and thanks for joining us tonight.
This segment we talk about stuff that we have, want and need!
Shawn: SCCY CPX-2 http://www.sccy.com/
Aaron: Laser Ammo – http://www.laser-ammo.com/
SureStrikeTM Ultimate LE Edition retails for $199.00
223 SureStrike laser cartridge and pipe
40S&W caliber adapter
45ACP caliber adapter
6 reflective targets
LaserPET Electronic Target retails for $119.95
• Hit counter – this setting will count the shooter’s consecutive hits.
• Shot timer / Fast draw – this timer will show the accurate time from buzzer to hit.
• Speed shooting – this mode will time the shooter as if they were changing a magazine and subsequently count how many times the shooter can hit the target within 5 seconds.
Lil: My Remington 5R with an Accuracy International Chassis System that I installed.
Jeremy: ProMag “M4”style shotgun stock http://www.promagindustries.com/
Savage: I got a folding forward grip for my kel tec sub2k http://www.storesupply.com/c-480-hangers.aspx
Nick: Champion DuraSeal Double Gong Spinner
Hank: I need a DTA HTI Rifle (hard target interdiction) http://www.deserttacticalarms.com/guns/dta-hti-sniper-rifle-chassis.html
Zak- I want an Aero Precision Continuous Optics Platform upper receiver and one of their non-FA uppers if they go into production
This segment is for us to chat about local and sometimes national gun control. Vent away.
savage1r – I want to tackle the Huffington Post article citing the GrC tracker and explain why it’s BS. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/17/mass-shootings-us_n_3935978.html
- 10,288 alcohol alchohol impaired driving deaths in 2010 (around 28 per day) (http://visual.ly/united-states-drunk-driving-statistics)
- 1175 knife murders in the US in 2010 (almost 5 per day) (http://projects.wsj.com/murderdata/?mg=inert-wsj#view=all&w=20&y=2010)
- 228,190 cancer related deaths from smoking projected in 2013 (around 625 per day) (http://www.cancer.org/cancer/cancercauses/tobaccocancer/tobacco-related-cancer-fact-sheet)
Now it’s time for our Montana update.: Everything is fine.
If fictional characters were to use modern publically available firearms, what would they use?
This week: Toy Story
- Woody – Shawn – Colt Army Model 1860
- Buzz Lightyear – Shawn – Beretta u22 neos and beretta cx4 storm carbine
- Mr. Potato Head – Aaron – Spud Gun
- Slinky Dog : Hank – Captive Bolt Pistol: Jim Varney goes all Javier Bardem on your asses/ no country for old men style
- Hamm – Jeremy – M60 machine gun “the hog”
- Bo Peep – Zak – Walther PPK in an inner thigh holster
- Andy – Zak – Red Rider BB gun with a compass and sundial in the stock
- Sid – savage1r – hi point 9mm 😛
- Lenny the Range Finders – Lil – Fully custom long range precision rifle with a Big Horn Arms Action, a Krieger Barrel, a McMillian Stock, and a Huber Trigger.
- Little Green Men – Nick – Schwerer Gustav 80cm railway cannon
Wall of 2nd amendment shame.
each week we will add 1 name to the wall of shame for those that lobby against the 2nd amendment or it’s supporters.
- savage1r – I nominate the Huffington Post
Gun related website of the week
savage1r – www.waguns.org
Lil – Emily Miller
User feedback and user questions
First, remind listeners that they should always consult their owners manual with regards to lubricating their firearms.
When cleaning and lubing your AR-15, How much lube do you use on the bolt carrier and what type of lube do you use??
Want a free t-shirt? All you have to do is go to welikeshooting.com/shirt and ask us a question. If it is answered on the show, we will be sending you one of our stylish shirts.
We got some iTunes reviews and wanted to thank. 5 star reviews? Are they listening to the right show?
- Robert W.
- Aaron B.
and also some great comments on our website, welikeshootingpodcast.com, thanks to
- Robert W
for some good discussion. It’s always great to debate something you’re passionate about.
We appreciate the feedback and basically love you now. Aaron will have your love children, just say the word and I’ll make it happen.
Email us questions, comments, Aaron’s lovebaby requests or anything else at [email protected],
leave us feedback on iTunes,
comment on our site at welikeshootingpodcast.com,
call us at, Aaron, what’s your number?
We desire your feedback and it really helps us shape the show and make it valuable to our community
Like what we are doing and want some reviews, tips, tricks, videos, whatever? check us out at welikeshooting.com.
What shows to listen to on FRN
Aaron: Week in guns
Lil: Fat 2 Fit – On this week’s GunGuy episode, Jake Challand said that Carol Salva, one of the primary hosts of Fat 2 Fit, will be getting her first gun and they will track it on the Inside Firearms Community site, they will track her progress and that of her family as they become responsible gun owners.
Shawn: Will be a guest on This week in guns tomorrow night. My goal is to say 11 words. Because those guys know what they are talking about. Oh god, I’m going to vomit.
Thanks for listening and shoot straight.