Shawn Herrin | Sep 30, 2019 | 0
WLS 031 – Providence
Welcome to the We Like Shooting show, Episode 31, tonight we’ll talk with some Rhode Island residents about the nonsense laws being proposed, Desert Eagle 1911’s, AR-15 handguards, refinishing some iron sites, the Giraud trimmer, Saiga 9, Italian revolvers, ruger gunsite scout 308 and Travis Haley’s Glock trigger. It’s a jam packed show as always. Let’s do this.
Links to our guests and panelists:
- Lil Chantilly
- Kyle- searchandassess.com
- Collin – https://www.facebook.com/searchassess
Our panel tonight
We are joined by
Savage1r – A YouTuber who makes videos about shooting, philosophy, and do it yourself projects. Savage, it says here you were home schooled because of your abnormal habit of drawing the wieners on everything. Welikeshooting challenge, reload testing, rifle zeroing, buis refurbishing
Lil Chantilly – Lil is Active Duty Navy, womens shooting advocate, NRA Women content partner, long range shooter and gun blogger, at Heelsandhandguns.com. Her name and number is written on a wall between Mississippi and Kentucky in a rest stop bathroom with a secret code, if you dial the number and have the code you could win a date. DOING IT BETTER: Creating the perfect scope testing environment.
Aaron – A Law enforcement marketing specialist and the media contact for We Like Shooting and the poster child for obesity, what’s up sir-eats-a-lot? DOING IT BETTER Went shooting with some federal agents and smoked them.
Jeremy – Former Marine, instructor, rifle champ and the owner of River’s Edge Tactical in Ohio. Cries everytime he hears the song “White Flag” by Dido DOING IT BETTER
Shawn – I’m Shawn, I’m an instructor, reviewer, competitor. Pees sitting down DOING IT BETTER: Shot the we like shooting challenge and basically no one can beat me. I am the greatest! I’m the greatest thing that ever lived http://welikeshooting.com/shootout
Recently a wave of legislation was publicized in Rhode Island. Tonight we wanted to put the focus on that part of the country, so we invited some friends that live there to join us. There is a huge list of contact information at the bottom of the show notes, be sure to check it out. Without further Adieu, we are joined by:
- Collin Polucha – a shooting enthusiast and moderator for the search and assess facebook page, he also got into a hug fight with Jeremy, and won… or did he? DOING IT BETTER: became frustrated with my performance with the shooting challenge I threw a snowball at the target
- Kyle Bacon – Host of Search and Assess Podcast, NRA Instructor, and Kung Fu stylist. Little known fact, Kyle was in footloose, but was later replaced by his brother Kevin DOING IT BETTER- Did the WLS shootout challenge and sucked at it. Worked on support hand shooting with my AR.
This is our drinking game.
- Shawn – interesting, Actually, absolutely, fantastic, basically, nice
- Aaron – Piece, clip or interrupts someone!
- Anybody – WEAPON, Hi-Point.
- Jeremy – I hate all of you
- Nick – That’s not hot coco you’re drinking.
- savage1r – ya know, basically
- Lil – Oh My Goodness! (Usually brought on by something Aaron says.)
- Zak – Any time Zak says anything.
- Guest: Collin- like
- Guest: Kyle Bacon – Well, You Know
and now it’s time for… Gear Chat
where we talk about stuff that we have, want and need!
- Shawn: Desert Eagle 1911U
- Aaron American Built Arms Company MOD1 Hand Guard
- Savage1r: 1851 Petta .44cal revolver
- Lil: – The Giraud Trimmer http://www.giraudtool.com/prod02.htm, specifically the 6.5 Creedmoor Shell Holder and Cutting Head
- Nick: Saiga 9
- Jeremy: Waiting for my revolver, to come to America…maybe
- Guest: Collin: looking at the ruger gunsite scout 308 in LH
- Kyle: Travis Haley’s Skimmer Trigger
What you might have missed on We Like Shooting.
all kinds of entries for the shootout. WeLikeShooting.com/shootout
Last week we announced our patron project and we’ve seen huge support from you! Thank you so much for believing in what we are doing!
To recap, we have a ton of things that we want to do for our audience and we are constantly trying different things to bring those ideas to life. We have launched a campaign to raise money to improve the show and give back to our audience.
We are simply asking for you to pledge some money per episode. 50 cents, a dollar, a nickel, a penny (aaron), whatever you can do. It only amounts to a few bucks per month but here’s what you get.
What do you get? There are all kinds of rewards and we will constantly be adding to the list. Patches, shirts, swag boxes – SO. MUCH. STUFF.
If you enjoy the show and want to help, please visit http://welikeshooting.com/pledge and see what we put together.
hey guys and gal. Let’s…
- Guest: Collin: RI S2140 No bird hunting in the upper Narragansett Bay area, and H7584 and H7585 are “Safe Firearms Act” and “Gun Control and Safe Firearms Act”
- Kyle Bacon: New proposed law for police to seize firearms
- Savage1r: Washington State passes SB 5956 – SBR Law. Rep. Laurie Jenkins refused to give the Senate SBR bill a hearing and vote, but http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2014/03/jeremy-s/breaking-washington-state-house-senate-pass-sbr-bill-sb-5956/
- Savage1r: http://www.examiner.com/article/conn-police-refuse-to-enforce-new-gun-laws
A-arons Odds news of the week
More babies being named after firearms, according to the website babynamewizard.com/blog children being born with gun related names is up more than 500%. Will these kids be banned from schools because of their names?
What would you name your child, if you could give it a gun name?
I would name my kids HI-point because I expect them to work, but I dont really have that high of an expectation for them.
Ever tried to shoot a smiley face into a target Lethal Weapon style? This is where we separate the men from the Aaron’s. Our shootout challenge for March is live. Go to WeLikeShooting.com/shootout, shoot 8 shots from 5 yards, channel your inner Riggs and go all lethal weapon on your target. Shoot a smiley and submit it at WeLikeShooting.com/shootout, we’ll post it on our site and social media and we’ll see who does the best!
If fictional characters were to use modern publicly available firearms, what would they use? Pick ONE or two. Guest please pick one and put your choice on that line.
This week: The Breakfast Club
- Andrew Clark – Shawn – Fully tac’d out Daniel Defense AR-15. Really expensive and awesome gun with every attachment you can imagine.
- Richard Vernon – Savage1r – Taurus Judge. Douche gun for a douche.
- Brian Johnson – Kyle – M203 Grenade Launcher. Who brings a flare gun?!
- Carl – Nick – Carl is a janitor, so he gets a GE Minigun so he can “mop things up”
- John Bender-Collin- He gets a 9mm Hi-point. went with this because you all love to hate the bad kid/gun (drink)
- Claire Standish – Lil – Why was Claire in detention? She went shopping. What for? A fully custom 1911 Night Hawk. She was mad at her teacher for putting her in detention, but then she found out that he would take her shooting and she got a little crush on him.
- Allison Reynolds – Aaron – Any gun she could steal. But probably a mosquito .22 that she took from her moms purse. Because that is all her feminine hands could handle.
Gun related link of the week
User feedback and user questions
The Last 25 Reviews
8 March, 2014
SFC NicW (United States of America)
Rating: 5 Stars
Found you guys when Lil was on Precision Rifle Podcast. What a great show. ADHD with firearms! Just my speed. Hi-Point…. Now Drink!!!
7 March, 2014
wildferret (United States of America)
Just plain funny
Rating: 5 Stars
One of my favorite podcasts from the Firearms Network. FUNNY as well as informative.
New giveaway! Answer the question of the week. Go to welikeshooting.com/question, every week we’ll randomly select a winner from the responses and give the person that left it a free t-shirt.
Last weeks winner: Mike Davis (he used a custom email address so he could tell if we sell his information to spammers, love it, I’ll send him a sticker too!_
Questions of the week: What is your favorite AR-15 stock & what is your favorite AR-15 grip, What is your favorite AR-15 muzzle brake, compensator or flash hider?
New this week: Favorite short range to mid range AR-15 red dot
We Like Shooting Ultra Awesome Giveaway
We are giving away an AR-15 from DEZ Tactical Arms, a complete polymer lower from E3 arms, a free Cerakote job for the gun of your choice from Calamity Arms (up to a $250 value!), Ammunition from AGS Armament, Magazines from Tactical Existence, Gerber knife from Hank Strange, SHM Loudener from Guns of the 111th, T-Shirts, bullet jewelry from Outlaw Glam, paracord bracelets and more.
Go enter today at:
Giveaway ends March 19th!
- Rivers edge tactical codes: RiversEdgeTactical.net use coupon code wlslistener
- Ktgfirearms.com – 20% off discount for classes for We Like Shooting listeners. Just mention us.
- JessPens.com – 10% off – use code WeLikeShooting10
Thanks to everyone else that has commented on our social media and our show website. If you would like to correspond with us please
- Email us questions, comments, or insults at [email protected],
- leave us feedback on iTunes,
- comment on our show website – welikeshootingpodcast.com,
- search for us on google plus
What shows to listen to on FRN
savage1r: AR15 Podcast
Lil: Practically Tactical
If you could describe the show in a quick sentence, what would you say?
- Kyle:I’m tired
- Collin: I’m gonna pistol whip the next guy that says shennanigans
Thanks for listening, and shoot straight.
We Like Shooting Activism Alert
Thanks for the heads up from Collin P.
If you could spread the word we need your help fighting the good fight. Here are the bills if you are interested.
They go after conceal carry making the towns may issue instead of shall issue but basically forcing the applicant to go through the AG’s office( may issue)
They put together a strict assault weapons ban that limits mags to 10 rds, banning all mags over 10 rds, one cosmetic feature
Changes our constitution from a no registry state to making a registry( like ct ny nj and ca).
There are other things added as well but those are the biggest ones. We beat back the gun control activists last year. This year they are coming at us even harder with a ferocity that we haven’t seen in the past.
Rep Joseph almeida
Reps: linda Finn 401-258-6851
Chris blazejewski http://www.chrisblazejewski.com/contact.html
Rep arthur handy
Rep Edith Ajello