WLS 033 – Other side of the counter
Welcome to the We Like Shooting show, Episode 33, Welcome to the We Like Shooting show, Episode 33, tonight we’ll talk about the Catamount Fury II, Desert Eagle 1911, McMillan stocks, Daewoo K2, Bushnell XRS, Leupold drama, action cams and Tagua gunleather. Won’t you be, please won’t you be… our neighbor?
Links to our guests and panelists:
- Lil Chantilly
- FC – http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/author/firearmconcierge/
- Rich – http://youtube.com/user/guntorturetests
- Ian – http://overwatchholsters.com/ http://fastoc.com/
Our panel tonight
We are joined by
- Savage1r – A YouTuber who makes videos about shooting, philosophy, and do it yourself projects. And thought a Rick Roll was a type of pastry, wait…I thought aaron got all the fat jokes DOING IT BETTER:
- Lil Chantilly – Lil is Active Duty Navy, womens shooting advocate, NRA Women content partner, long range shooter and gun blogger, at Heelsandhandguns.com. She once raced a mustang named Hidalgo across Saudi Arabia DOING IT BETTER: .
- Aaron – A Law enforcement marketing specialist and the media contact for We Like Shooting and he claims he once outshot Jeremy in a competition DOING IT BETTER putting to gether items for the bangbox
- Jeremy – Former Marine, instructor, rifle champ and the owner of River’s Edge Tactical in Ohio. Jeremy ate a dingos baby DOING IT BETTER
- Nick – A precision rifle and barrel maker and he owns a pair of Archie Mcphee Instant underpants. Just add water DOING IT BETTER Shot with the TD and made my first YouTube video
- Zak – Zak is retired Air Force Security Forces, full time nursing student.
- Shawn – I’m Shawn, I’m an instructor, reviewer, competitor.. and am currently wearing a man thong. Borat ain’t got nothing on me. DOING IT BETTER:
- FC – in NYC helping Cerberus with new ideas to oppress gun owners and make billions in the process
Our first guest can be found running GunTortureTests and Red Fork Ammunition he is an Army veteran and former law enforcement officer, a pistol, carbine and precision rifle instructor, IDPA competitor, FFL/SOT/gunsmith, and his beard (named Earl) was the inspiration for the Led Zeppelin song “Kashmir”. He would go gay for Kate Mara. Hey Rich, what’s up?!
Some people love him, some hate him, but he’s a great industry insider with an opinion on everything, please welcome FirearmConcierge!
Our next guest is Ian Wright. Former Brit, instructor with FAST OC and owns Overwatch holsters.
This is our drinking game.
- Shawn – interesting, Actually, absolutely, fantastic, basically, nice
- Aaron – Piece, clip or interrupts someone!
- Anybody – WEAPON, Hi-Point.
- Jeremy – I hate the Irish!
- Nick – Chocolate pudding, anyone?
- savage1r – ya know, basically
- Lil – Oh My Goodness! (Usually brought on by something Aaron says.)
- Zak – Any time Zak says anything.
- Rich: Um, okay.
- FC – “Glock”
where we talk about stuff that we have, want and need!
- Shawn: Catamount Fury II and Desert Eagle 1911u updates
- Aaron: McMillan Stock
- Savage1r: Daewoo K2 – WANT. Like an AK and an AR had a beautiful baby
- Lil: Bushnell XRS 4.5-30x
- Nick: An “action cam” I can mount on my guns and a tripod for future WLS videos.
- Rich: Tagua Gunleather
- Ian: Occluder Sight – http://occludersight.com/
Gun stores – tell us some stories from your side of the counter
What you might have missed on We Like Shooting.
- Jeremy shooting a 249 SAW
- Interview with National Shooting Team member Sarah Beard
- Strike Industries M.I.T.C.H handguard and rails
- and the Rainier Arms forged upper impressions
We announced our patron project and we’ve seen huge support from you! Thank you so much for believing in what we are doing!
We’re raising money to give back to our audience and make the show better. If you like the show please consider contributing. 50 cents, a dollar, a nickel, a penny (aaron), whatever you can do. It only amounts to a few bucks per month but there are all kinds of rewards and we will constantly be adding to the list. Patches, shirts, swag boxes – SO. MUCH. STUFF.
If you enjoy the show and want to help, please visit https://welikeshooting.com/pledge and see what we put together.
A-arons Odds news of the week
I know a lot of these segments make you laugh, but this week is actually one that kind of makes me angry Man Fatally Shoots Dog And Poses With Its Body For Facebook Post
Seems that Kenneth Woodburn shot and killed the dog one morning after it crossed into his yard. The dog, Tank, belonged to Woodburn’s neighbor Richele Ince and her four-year-old daughter. Now, I have no problem shooting a dog if it threatens me or my family, but this dog was just walking through the guys yard.
For full disclosure, I am not a fan of dogs, it is not that I don’t like them, I just dont really don’t want to own one. That being said, I would never actively seek to shoot one if it walked in my yard. I have had squirrels, skunks, possums, even deer go through my yard and have yet felt the need to put a hole in one. So lets have a discussion. When is it okay to shoot something in your yard.
We’ll be announcing a new shootout on April 1st!
Gun related link of the week
- Lil: https://www.triadtactical.com/
- Shawn: http://tacfirecon.com
- Rivers edge tactical codes: RiversEdgeTactical.net use coupon code wlslistener
- Ktgfirearms.com – 20% off discount for classes for We Like Shooting listeners. Just mention us.
- JessPens.com – 10% off – use code WeLikeShooting10
Thanks to everyone else that has commented on our social media and our show website. If you would like to correspond with us please
- Email us questions, comments, or insults at email@example.com,
- leave us feedback on iTunes,
- comment on our show website – welikeshootingpodcast.com,
- search for us on google plus
What shows to listen to on FRN
- savage1r: Gun and gear podcast
- Lil: Precision Rifle Podcast
- Aaron Fat2fit
Promo of Handgun Radio
If you could describe the show in a quick sentence, what would you say?
Thanks for listening, and shoot straight.