WLS 084 – Diabetes or Tapeworms
Our panel tonight consists of –
- A YouTuber with a hetero aspirations and drag reality. – Savage1r
- We’re joined by Retired Navy, advocate for women’s shooting, and blogger at HeelsandHandguns.com – Lil Chantilly
- Also with us, former Marine and owner of Rivers Edge Tactical – Jeremy Pozderac
- Precision rifle and barrel maker – Nick Lynch
- You know him, you love him, Our Media contact – Aaron Krieger
- A Firefighter, gunsmith, and machinist, our Rhode island god father who’ll make you an offer you can’t understand – Rhody
- I’m Shawn… and you’ve just entered Aaron’s gravitational pull… There is no escape.
Tonight we’re joined by a gun toting, constitution loving, wife, mother, and defender of the second amendment. She is executive assistant for patriot promotions and executive director of Youth Shooters of America, please welcome Beth Baca.
Defensive gun use of the week, brought to you by Second Call Defense!
Aaron Schaffer Found Not Guilty Of Murder
The defense says that Schaffer knew Shan Bowers had killed another man out of jealousy, had beaten his wife, did drugs and drank alcohol, and had become increasingly unstable in the weeks prior to the shooting.
She claims Schaffer had a split second to make a decision and it was reasonable to think Bowers would kill him because he’d killed a man before.
The defense claimed Schaffer had an invitation from Stacy to go to the Bowers home because she had asked for help and wanted someone to go with her to smooth things over with her husband.
Schaffer left Stacy at the station to minimize risk –he left her there as a precaution. She told the jury Schaffer tried to be a peacemaker and was a man of reason that night. She testified that Bowers put Schaffer in a darned if you do and darned if you don’t position and Schaffer protected himself.
He was found guilty of carrying a firearm without a concealed carry permit, a class A misdemeanor.
Defense Attorney Katharine Liell requested an immediate sentencing on the misdemeanor charge and Greene County Prosecutor Jarrod Holtsclaw agreed. 33-year-old Schaffer was sentenced to one year in jail and since he has been incarcerated without bond since his arrest at the time of the shooting, he has more than served his time. His sentencing included a $1 fine and court costs.
Immediate, real-time protection after you pull the trigger
- No out-of-pocket costs. You get up-front money for retainer, bond, and more right when you need it.
- Good in all 50 states and U.S. Territories anywhere and everywhere it’s legal to have a gun, even when you’re traveling or on vacation.
- Covers all legal firearms, including handguns, rifles, and shotguns.
- Covers off-duty law enforcement and military.
- No concealed carry license needed to join.
- Convenient month-to-month membership. No long-term commitment. No big advance payment. Change or cancel your membership anytime.
Second Call Defense and the process for what to do in these situations. We talk about how SCD can help in this situation.
Going ballistic with Savage1r (news stories, gun control, etc.)
- ATF Director says ALL 5.56/.223 ammo poses a threat to law enforcement: http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/atf-raises-new-concerns-about-ar-15-ammo/article/2561422, 22 Attourney Generals say no more bans: https://media.dojmt.gov/wp-content/uploads/ATF-March2015.pdf
- Texas Senate approves Open Carry AND campus carry: http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2015/03/17/texas-senate-gun-open-carry/24892513/, http://www.foxsanantonio.com/news/features/top-stories/stories/texas-senate-clears-way-concealed-handguns-campus-11320.shtml#.VQosphDF-gQ
- Answer to user question about anti-gun gun shop: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkZwRveJ4DE
MANTICORE ARMS PROMO
what happens when you cross friday the thirteenth with st. Patrick’s day? Well we almost found out! I can only assume it would be that little green leprechaun from those movies, you know the ones that have him terrorizing Jennifer Aniston in the early 90s or smoking weed with Snoop Dogg in 2000.
Anyhow we made it without losing our lives. Were you prepared? Did you have what it takes to stay alive? I am not talking about training, or a specific knowledge of Catholicism and folk lore, which are both the same for Jeremy. (JEREMY -Fuck off) No I mean your manticore Gear, like the Manticore Arms ARClight XTL Forend, ZRX Integrated suppressor and rail system, to shoot that freaky green bastard and steal his pot of gold like Aarons (Aaron HEY)
Speaking of Manticore, and bullpups the We Like SHooting team will once again be joining the Manticore team out at the Bullpup shoot Saturday, Sept. 19th in Mount Carroll, Illinois. Go to the website www.bullpupshoot.com to see all the amazing vendors that will be there including Manticore Arms Inc., RATWORX, IWI USA, Steyr USA, K&M Arms, and many others., and the best thing is its free to the public to go.
Visit them at manticorearms.com to see their full product line and what they have to offer. Manticore Arms is a proud sponsor of the We Like Shooting show.
We want you to tell Manticore Arms how much you appreciate them supporting the show go to welikeshooting.com/manticore
and now it’s time for… Gear Chat
where we talk about stuff that we have, want and need!
- savage1r: Update on my hydroponic/aquaponic garden
- Aaron – SIRT AR Bolt
- Shawn – Headhunters Firearms .458 Socom
- Retail around $1900
- .458 Socom 1900 ft/s, 2400 ft-lb
- 5.56 3070 ft/s, 1325 ft-lb
- Rhody- XDS-45
- Guest: 300BO Industry Build
Skirmish box preview!
Rhody’s Armory (5 minutes or more depending on time. But trying to keep segments concise and short.)
- Considerations when purchasing a defensive carry firearm.
- -Size of firearm vs capacity
- -type; auto vs. revolver
- -training; a must
In addition to our amazing sponsors, our show is crowdfunded. In exchange for your hard earned dollars we invest back in the show, upgrading equipment and tons of other things. The best part is you get rewards back. We’ve given away 2 rifles and a pistol in the last 6 months! When we reach $700 per episode, we’re giving something amazing stay tuned to find out what (HINT if you build it, Shawn will come)!!!
Find out more at https://welikeshooting.com/pledge
We want to get our show syndicated on iheartradio! We just need 100 followers. It’s free and it’s easy!
Thanks to our guest!
Thanks to everyone else that has commented on our social media and our show website. If you would like to correspond with us please
- Email us questions, comments, or insults at firstname.lastname@example.org,
- leave us feedback on iTunes,
- comment on our show website – welikeshootingpodcast.com,
- We Like Shooting on Facebook
- We Like Shooting on Twitter
- We Like Shooting on Google+
- We Like Shooting on Instagram
- We Like Shooting on YouTube
- We Like Shooting on Pinterest
- Clash of clans
Thanks to our advertisers, DEZ Tactical Arms, Manticore Arms and Second Call Defense
Thanks to our syndication partners:
- Easy Bake Gun Club
- AR-15 Gun Owners of America
- Guns America
- warrior talk radio
Don’t forget to join a gun related advocacy group such as the Second Amendment Foundation, the NRA, whatever. Your money helps them fight for our rights.
Don’t forget, the Veterans crisis line & suicide prevention line – 1-800-273-8255. I hope you don’t need to call but if you need to, make the call.
Thanks for listening and shoot straight.
You can download or subscribe to our weekly show every Thursday at https://welikeshooting.com/show
If you’d like to watch live, our show broadcasts live every Wednesday night at 7:30PM (MT), watch it and chat with us at http://gunchannels.com/WeLikeShooting