WLS 073 – The Story of Us
Welcome to the We Like Shooting show, Episode 73 – New Years edition! This week we’ll talk about our origin story, Faxon firearms, DEZ Tactical, Danner boots, ITS Tactical, Canik and more!
Our panel tonight
Our panel tonight consists of –
- A sleepy YouTuber with a DIY attitude. – Savage1r
- We’re joined by Retired Navy, advocate for women’s shooting, blogger at HeelsandHandguns.com and NRA partner – Lil Chantilly
- Also with us, former Marine and owner of Rivers Edge Tactical – Jeremy Pozderac
- Precision rifle and barrel maker – Nick Lynch
- You know him, you love him, Our Media contact – Aaron Krieger
- I’m Shawn, your host… and I like to party. What is up everyone?!
Anyone have new years eve plans?!
Speak with and introduce guest:
Quite a few people have asked so we thought we would recap how we got this motley crue together. I’ll start and as we go, if you remember any details chime in.
and now it’s time for… Gear Chat
where we talk about stuff that we have, want and need!
LETS TALK ABOUT THE ITEM YOU REALLY LOVED FROM 2014
- Aaron: ARAK 21
- Shawn: DEZ Tactical Arms 308
- NickLynch: CMC Trigger.
- Lil: ITS Tactical Medical ETA Kit
- Jeremy: Henry .44 Mag Big Boy
- savage1r: Canik TP9 SA
MANTICORE ARMS PROMO
A new year means so much in so many different cultures, In Spain, they eat 12 grapes for luck because, why not. In Greece, people hang an onion on their doors to remind them of their mothers breath, I assume. In Ecuador, people burn effigies of their enemies at midnight, which is pretty badass if you ask me. And in Sweden, much like America they like to dress up, throw back cocktails and remember the past year. Well, Manticore arms and the We Like Shooting team have had a great year, thanks to you, and we really wish to continue this fine tradition.
The folks here at We Like Shooting are asking you to support those who support us. If you have an AK, Tavor, AUG and AR platform firearm get the parts you need, that will not only make your guns look fancy but make them run better and like a champ this new year and many years to come. You can get items like the Tavor curved buttpad which are in stock and ready to ship.
Visit them at manticorearms.com to see their full product line and what they have to offer. Manticore Arms is a proud sponsor of the We Like Shooting show.
We want you to tell Manticore Arms how much you appreciate them supporting the show!
EVERYONE: Brought to you by carls jr
Aaron’s upper troubleshooting
Lil’s Livefire Lounge:
- Why purse carry may not be your best option
- Eddie Eagle child safety program
- Holstering your firearm when concealing
- Holsters with retention
Going ballistic with Savage1r (news stories, gun control, etc.)
- Firearms Coalition submits brief on Peruta: https://www.firearmspolicy.org/2014/12/fpc-submits-coalition-brief-to-9th-circuit-court-of-appeals-in-peruta-v-san-diego-carry-case/
- EPA has no authority to regulate lead from bullets: http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/epa-cant-regulate-lead-bullets-says-federal-court/article/2557789
- Call out to lawyers in Washington State? Nevermind, SAF finally got around to it: http://www.saf.org/?p=4877
Feedback hotline! 201-957-0011 or 201-WLS-0011
In addition to our amazing sponsors, our show is crowdfunded. That means you, our audience, supports the show. It’s so simple Jesse C. can do it! (kind of, he has Roku’s)
In exchange for your hard earned dollars we invest back in the show, upgrading equipment and tons of other things. The best part is you get rewards back. Based on your pledge amount you get things like stickers, patches, even battle boxes full of awesome swag AND you are entered in Patron only giveaways. We’ve given away 2 rifles and a pistol in the last 6 months! When we reach $600 per episode, we’re giving away a suppressor and even giving you money to pay for your tax stamp!
Find out more at http://welikeshooting.com/pledge
Website update! New site, new servers. http://welikeshooting.com
Thanks to everyone else that has commented on our social media and our show website. If you would like to correspond with us please
- Email us questions, comments, or insults at [email protected],
- leave us feedback on iTunes,
- comment on our show website – welikeshootingpodcast.com,
- We Like Shooting on Facebook
- We Like Shooting on Twitter
- We Like Shooting on Google+
- We Like Shooting on Instagram
- We Like Shooting on YouTube
- We Like Shooting on Pinterest
Visit http://welikeshooting.com/shop for WLS swag and other products that we like.
We apologize to Hank Strange for bumping him this week, last time we hung out it took me two weeks to get mohawk hairs out of my clothes, so…
Don’t forget to join a gun related advocacy group such as the Second Amendment Foundation, the NRA, whatever. Your money helps them fight for our rights.
Don’t forget, the Veterans crisis line & suicide prevention line – 1-800-273-8255. I hope you don’t need to call but if you need to, make the call.
A very heartfelt thank you to our friends in the shooting world, our sponsors and advertisers, the people that watch and listen to this show, our patreons, the gang at Gun Channels, the staff of We Like Shooting, Jake and everyone at the Firearms Radio Network and anyone else that has said the words We Like Shooting in 2014. Thanks for everything and happy new year!