Shawn Herrin | Nov 16, 2018 | 0
WLS 048 – Bullets are a girl’s best friend
Welcome to the We Like Shooting show, Episode 48. This week we’ll talk about Shameless t-shirt promotions, RAND CLP, MPro7 gun cleaner, rubber dummies, Nightforce rifle scopes and Manticore Arms Flash Hiders.
Our panel tonight
- As always, we have a great panel tonight, starting us off:
- A YouTuber with a DIY attitude a man who does not let the 12 items or less isle stop him from from grabbing just one more thing Savage1r
- Retired Navy, advocate for women’s shooting, blogger, and NRA partner who’s car runs on pure love and gunpowder Lil Chantilly
- Former Marine, owner of Rivers Edge Tactical, his blood type is Diet Dr. Pepper Jeremy Pozderac
- Precision rifle and barrel maker; a man once known for riding a large dog into battle Nick Lynch
- A former member of the Air Force and current member of the hair club for men Zak
- Our Media contact and all around nice guy who faces all his problems with the same attitude, the attitude thats says Meh, I will get to it tomorrow Aaron Krieger
- A firefighter, machinist, and gunsmith; and a man who’s life story was a made for TV movie Hobo with a shotgun Rhody
- Mi nombre es Shawn, I’m an instructor, reviewer, competitor, and your host. I still record songs off of the radio and make mix tapes for the people I love. hey Aaron how was that tape I sent you?
GUEST SHORT BIO:
- Robert Butler – Our first guest is the Owner and Chief Firearms Instructor for Kenaz Tactical Group. He’s an 18 year vet of the Army and National Guard, an active Colorado Mounted Ranger and works in the Firearms industry as the Director of Product Development for Tactical Black Firearms. Please welcome Robert Butler!
- Planning two BIG events in July and August, First, July 26th and 27th in CO Springs, CO – Join Robert Butler, Kenaz Tactical Group and DALE COMSTOCK – 2 days of training by 2 of the best.
- Second , working with Iron Hammer Armory and Rockwell Tactical Group at the second annual “Circle the Wagons” training event August 30th & 31st at Dragonman’s shooting range in Colorado Springs, CO.
Ask panelist what their cocktails for the evening are, then introduce our drinking game(CUE DRINKING MUSIC)
- Shawn – interesting, Actually, absolutely, fantastic, basically, nice
- Aaron – Piece, clip, tries to crack a joke, or interrupts someone!
- Anybody – WEAPON, Hi-Point.
- Jeremy – I love wearing skirts!
- Nick – ive gotta go, uh, return some video tapes
- savage1r – ya know, basically
- Lil – Oh My Goodness! (Usually brought on by something Aaron says.)
- Zak – Any time Zak says anything.
- Rhody – wicked, freakin’, pissah
- Robert – operator, dynamic, adaptive, kinetic
and now it’s time for… Gear Chat
where we talk about stuff that we have, want and need!
Going forward, please announce whether you have used the product and whether it’s from a sponsor first.
- Aaron: WLS Tshirt
- Rhody: Rand CLP/MPro7 gun cleaner
- Jeremy: Maryland Gun Works sight pusher
- Shawn: Rubber Dummies
- Not a sponsor
- Have not used it yet
- 100% recycled rubber
- Self Healing
- Starter kit comes with torso, stand and kill shot packs
- Lil: Nightforce NXS 5.5x-22×56 Rifle Scope
- Robert – Manticore Arms Eclipse Flash Hider
MANTICORE ARMS PROMO
Manticore Arms manufactures Advanced Fighting Gear for all your favorite modern rifles. Whether you use the AUG, AK, AR-15, or Tavor, Manticore Arms makes the accessories you need to upgrade your rifle to its full fighting potential. Visit them at www.manticorearms.com to see their full product line and what they have to offer. Manticore Arms is a proud sponsor of the We Like Shooting show.
So this week they are offering our audience their Summer Special which is $40 off on the Tavor ARClight Naked forend, both Black and Flat Dark Earth colors. Regular price is $165, with coupon code WELIKESHOOTING79 the price is only $125. Sale is good on in stock product from 7/9/14 to 8/09/14 – Link
Anyway, Sven joined us recently in episode 38 – http://welikeshootingpodcast.com/038 and you should check out that episode.
They are also hosting the bullpup shoot with Ratworx on September 27th. That is a big event in Illinois that allows people to show up, check out the vendors, shoot some bullpups and other guns and there is even a zombie shoot event.
Should be a lot of fun and we are going to get a couple of people from We Like Shooting out there.
Find out more about this at http://bullpupshoot.com
We announced our patron project and we’ve seen huge support from you! Thank you so much for believing in what we are doing!
We’re raising money to give back to our audience and make the show better. If you like the show please consider contributing. 50 cents, a dollar, a nickel, a penny (aaron), whatever you can do. It only amounts to a few bucks per month but there are all kinds of rewards and we will constantly be adding to the list. Patches, shirts, swag boxes – SO. MUCH. STUFF.
If you enjoy the show and want to help, please visit http://welikeshooting.com/pledge and see what we put together.
- Shirts – http://welikeshooting.com/shirts
- Patron project Rifle giveaway
Tactical 16 Book Giveaway – Chris Ridgway, Nick Rubino and Joey Avila are our winners. Go to https://www.facebook.com/Tactical16 and let them know we sent you.
Lil’s Livefire Lounge
I am going to use this segment to highlight various topics that pertain to women, sometimes news, products, events, etc. If there is anything you want me to focus on specifically, e-mail me at [email protected].
Tonight’s topic: Ways to find a balance between weight and precision for your rifle.
- Choice of components: Barrel, stock, scope, bipod, additional cheek piece, butt pads, etc.
- Type of shooting you will be doing, F Class, tactical, positional, prone, bench rest, hunting, etc.
- Use of a sling
- Options for various grip
Going ballistic with Savage1r (news stories, gun control, etc.)
- Shawn: Tracking point founder files interesting patent.
- Shawn: High School Football captain defends family from attacker.
- Shawn: Gun control advocate says he’s not stable enough to own guns
A-arons Odds news of the week
This weeks story comes to us from the Easy Bake Gun Club at easybakegunclub.com. So we have all heard of the term Russian roulette but who would ever have thought the modern version would involve real russians. In Richmond VA. a couple of Russkies were drinking heavily when they got into a verbal altercation with a one Mr. Quinn Hazelwood. The event boiled over when they followed Mr. Quinn home and decided to attack him in the elevator of his apartment complex.
Oh did I mention that our Russian Friends where also Martial artist, but they might as well have been graphic artist because bullets beat an attempted beat down almost any day. Quinn put about 4 rounds in his two attackers killing one and wounding the other. Amazingly enough both russians had drank so much that their blood Alcohol level were at .26 and .29 respectively.
The Iron curtain turned out to be pretty much tin as one of the attackers died after being shot in the face and neck, apparently all the booze leaked out of him causing his death.
The surviving russian being shot in the chest and a grazed ear said in soviet russia you shoot gun, but here in America Gun shoots you.
Trigger jobs; DIY, or gunsmith?
If there are any gunsmithing questions, please submit them to [email protected]
Whose gun in history?
If a historic figure were to use modern publicly available firearms, what would they use?
This week: Ernest Hemingway
- Aaron – The only Guns Ernest Hemingway would need are the ones attached to his body, the guy fought in more wars, and hunted on more continents than most of us will ever do in a lifetime. When I grow up I want to be Ernest Hemingway… without the suicide thing at the end.
- Jeremy: W. & C. Scott & Son double barrel 12 gauge side by side shotgun….if you don’t get why this is disturbing you haven’t done your research (rhody: I get it, and I’m not surprised that you chose this, LOL!) (Aaron – W. & C. Scott & Son Monte Carlo B—Serial No. 60293, c. 1898, with 30-inch Damascus (twist-forged) barrels and a stock extension with a soft recoil pad)
- Rhody: FP .45 Liberator, If you’re going to unofficially lead French Resistance troops as a correspondent, you use what they’ve got.
- NickLynch: Anzio 20mm for hunting u-boats
- Lil: (Movie “Gun Runners” based on short story “To have or have not”) Colt .38 revolver
- Shawn: Carcano 91 TS – “Special Troops” – CandArsenal.com
- Robert: NADA
Gun related link of the week
- Shawn: http://www.ironhammerarmory.com/
- Aaron: toughmudder.com
- Rhody: http://www.hallsharpstones.com
- Lil: http://www.sightpusher.com
- Guest – http://www.modernsurvivalstraps.com/
User feedback and user questions
7 July, 2014
Philip Str. (United States of America)
Rating: 5 Stars
Big fan of the show, gets me through the mundane parts of my work day. One thing I don’t understand is why everyone picks on A-A-ron so much? He doesn’t seem overly annoying to me, but perhaps it is because I am a Michigander as well and people outside our fine state just don’t understand us.
28 June, 2014
punkass32 (United States of America)
Rating: 5 Stars
I get excited to listen to this every time I see it start downloading the show. Very informative and educational but, extremely entertaining as well. The perfect level of disfuntion among the host makes this very fun to listen to. Keep the episodes coming.
26 June, 2014
ZyonG 47 (United States of America)
Love this show!
Rating: 5 Stars
Perfect combination of humor, news and reviews. The Howard Stern Show of the gun community!
- EZ2CTargets.com – Be sure to the Discount Code WELikeShooting for 10% off and $8,95 flat UPS shipping rate.
- Blackcrow KT – Weshoot2 for free shipping and $45 off package http://www.webstore.com/item,pgr,We-Like-Shooting-Pod-Cast-Combo-Deal,name,41015506,auction_id,auction_details
- Blackcrow-KT Knives & Tools – https://www.facebook.com/Blackcrowkt
- Rivers Edge Tactical, KTG Firearms Training, JessPens, Manticore Arms, Overwatch Holsters, EZ2C targets.
What shows do we listen to on the Firearms Radio Network
- Aaron Practically Tactical
- Shawn: Guns of Hollywood
- Lil: PowerFactor Show – Episode 185 (Interview with Chris Hodgen)
Thanks to everyone else that has commented on our social media and our show website. If you would like to correspond with us please
- Email us questions, comments, or insults at [email protected],
- leave us feedback on iTunes,
- comment on our show website – welikeshootingpodcast.com,
- search for us on google plus
We apologize to Colion Noir for bumping him this week, we’ll try to get him on next week.
Thanks for listening, and shoot straight.