WLS 046 – Bullet Test Dummy
Our panel tonight
As always, we have a great panel tonight, starting us off:
- A YouTuber with a DIY attitude who Has in his contract that he can not be filmed from behind – Savage1r
- Former Marine, owner of Rivers Edge Tactical who Believes Fabio being hit in the face by a goose while riding a roller coaster was an inside job, Jeremy Pozderac
- Our Media contact and all around nice guy who thought the TV show Deadliest Catch was about STD’s Aaron Krieger
- A firefighter, machinist, and gunsmith; our very own ninja who is seldom seen or heard, a man once known for bringing a knife to a gun fight and winning Rhody
- I’m Shawn Herrin, I’m an instructor, reviewer, competitor, your host and president of the coffee party, which is like the tea party only for men.
- Duncan – Writer at LooseRounds.com, love to talk about firearms, gear, training, self defense, and bands that you never heard of.
- Rich from RedForkAmmo.com. Everyone already knows my bona fides, it’s been a long day and I’m here last minute, and I’m grumpy.
Aaron: Great emails from listeners
Ask panelist what their cocktails for the evening are, then introduce our drinking game
- Shawn – interesting, Actually, absolutely, fantastic, basically, nice
- Aaron – Piece, clip or interrupts someone!
- Anybody – WEAPON, Hi-Point.
- Jeremy – I hate mah nipples!
- Nick – Men in Brown, wut?
- savage1r – ya know, basically
- Lil – Oh My Goodness! (Usually brought on by something Aaron says.)
- Zak – Any time Zak says anything.
- Rhody – wicked, freakin’, pissah
- Duncan – silence.
and now it’s time for… Gear Chat
where we talk about stuff that we have, want and need!
Going forward, please announce whether you have used the product and whether it’s from a sponsor first.
- Aaron – Bump Helmet
- Jeremy: Burris scope rings, M1A scope mounts
- Shawn: Kineti-Tech muzzle brake with sound director
- ½ x 28 and ⅝ x 24 threads
- made in the USA
- T6061 Aluminum
- 1.25” outer diameter
- 2.325” long
- Shipping issues
- Rhody – Safeguard clothing and bullet blocker body armor
- Savage1r – 7.62×39 AR Range Report
- Duncan – Tango Down Battle Grip
We announced our patron project and we’ve seen huge support from you! Thank you so much for believing in what we are doing!
We’re raising money to give back to our audience and make the show better. If you like the show please consider contributing. 50 cents, a dollar, a nickel, a penny (aaron), whatever you can do. It only amounts to a few bucks per month but there are all kinds of rewards and we will constantly be adding to the list. Patches, shirts, swag boxes – SO. MUCH. STUFF.
If you enjoy the show and want to help, please visit http://welikeshooting.com/pledge and see what we put together.
Links you might want
- Shirts – http://welikeshooting.com/shirts
- Patron project Rifle giveaway – http://welikeshooting.com/patrons
- Tactical 16 Book Giveaway – Chris Ridgway and Nick Rubino are our winners. We have one more book to give away, go to https://www.facebook.com/Tactical16 and let them know we sent you.
Going ballistic with Savage1r (news stories, gun control, etc.)
- Savage1r: Anti-gun extremist talk show host vows to ‘SWAT’ open carry protesters to initiate an armed conflict between gun owners and cops and hopes both are killed: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/jack-coleman/2014/06/14/libtalker-mike-malloy-vows-start-panic-if-he-sees-open-carry-permit-ho
A-arons Odds news of the week
This weeks odd news comes from the far off land called Florida where a Port Charlotte man was arrested for breaking probation and filing a false police report. What was he on probation for? Filing a false police report. Sounds odd right? What was the report that made it odd? Peter Bonfiglio shot himself on accident last year and claimed someone had hid in the woods and shot him, in truth Peter had shot himself, on accident. Oops right?! Well lets fast forward to Peters recent arrest. He once again claimed he was shot by someone else, and if you havent guessed it yet, Peter shot himself on accident again, this time blaming a robber.
Peter must love getting shot, in 2009 Peter was shot by police in the stomach after threatening them with a pellet gun. He has also spent time in prison for threatening the president (Bush) and making fake Secret Service Credentials .
I think Peter should do everyone a favor and learn to AIM better when he is “accidentally shooting himself”
Okay gang, what do you make of this guy.
Whose gun in history? Stephen Hawking
If a historic figure were to use modern publicly available firearms, what would they use?
- Savage1r: He’s a science guy: Navy Rail gun – http://www.cbsnews.com/videos/us-navy-unveils-high-speed-rail-gun/
- Jeremy: Phalanx CIWS (look it up) (<—— Jeremy, you are a Sailor at heart! ~Lil)
- Aaron: the Japanese Nambu pistol, because fuck he cant pull the trigger so he would just let it fall to the ground and watch it go off.
- Shawn: How did nobody say tracking point? The dude can’t move. He needs a computer to shoot for him.
- Rhody: Mk 19, (in Stephen Hawking voice) “say hello to my little friend” (http://vozme.com/speech/en-ml/4b/4b801d8ce48da86bf09d716144240a0c.mp3)
- NickLynch: HiPoint .40S&W with the chamber reamed to 10mm mounted to his wheelchair so he can shoot it by blowing into a straw.
- Rich: M134 Minigun. Duh. I win.
Gun related link of the week
- Rhody: https://www.youtube.com/armedcivilian556 (great holsters)
- Duncan – www.facebook.com/KineticConceptsTactical (MOLLE Link Holsters)
- EZ2CTargets.com – Be sure to the Discount Code WELikeShooting for 10% off and $8,95 flat UPS shipping rate.
- Blackcrow KT – Weshoot2 for free shipping and $45 off package http://www.webstore.com/item,pgr,We-Like-Shooting-Pod-Cast-Combo-Deal,name,41015506,auction_id,auction_details
- Blackcrow-KT Knives & Tools – https://www.facebook.com/Blackcrowkt
- Rivers Edge Tactical, KTG Firearms Training, JessPens, Manticore Arms, Overwatch Holsters, EZ2C targets.
Thanks to everyone else that has commented on our social media and our show website. If you would like to correspond with us please
- Email us questions, comments, or insults at [email protected],
- leave us feedback on iTunes,
- comment on our show website – welikeshootingpodcast.com,
- search for us on google plus
Thanks for listening, and shoot straight.