WLS 043 – Last Action Zero
Welcome to the We Like Shooting show, Episode 43. This week we’ll talk about finding a good knife, AR-15 pistols, Magnesium AR parts, ASC magazines, the Dillon XL 650, Viridian, TacProGear and Power Monkey Extreme. Hold on tight!
Our panel tonight
As always, we have a great panel tonight, starting us off:
- A YouTuber, social media personality and spokesmen for Valtrex, Savage1r
- An advocate for women’s shooting, blogger, NRA partner and professional weightlifter, Lil Chantilly
- Former Marine, owner of Rivers Edge Tactical and log cabin republican, Jeremy Pozderac
- Precision rifle and barrel maker who once out ran a bear, Nick Lynch
- Our Media contact and all around nice guy who still wears velcro shoes, Aaron Krieger
- I’m Shawn Herrin, I’m an instructor, reviewer, competitor, shaved monkey and your host tonight
GUEST SHORT BIO: Dad, chauffeur, former WBA superflyweight regional champion. Gun guy, operator in training with no chance of achieving operator status. Only white guy you know born in DC. Kevin the TacDaddy
Ask panelist what their cocktails for the evening are, then introduce our drinking game(CUE DRINKING MUSIC)
- Shawn – interesting, Actually, absolutely, fantastic, basically, nice
- Aaron – Piece, clip or interrupts someone!
- Anybody – WEAPON, Hi-Point.
- Jeremy – I hate mah small springs!
- Nick – deuce
- savage1r – ya know, basically
- Lil – Oh My Goodness! (Usually brought on by something Aaron says.)
- Zak – Any time Zak says anything.
- Guest: “GENIUS”
and now it’s time for… Gear Chat
where we talk about stuff that we have, want and need!
- Aaron – A good knife.
- Shawn: AR-15 Pistol Project
- Nick – Magnesium AR parts
- Savage1r – ASC 7.62×39 magazines
- Lil: Dillion XL 650 Reloader
- Jeremy: Not gear but fun story about foreigners
- Kevin: VIRIDIAN GREEN LASER
- Kevin: TACPROGEAR GLOVES
- Kevin: POWER MONKEY EXTREME
We announced our patron project and we’ve seen huge support from you! Thank you so much for believing in what we are doing!
We’re raising money to give back to our audience and make the show better. If you like the show please consider contributing. 50 cents, a dollar, a nickel, a penny (aaron), whatever you can do. It only amounts to a few bucks per month but there are all kinds of rewards and we will constantly be adding to the list. Patches, shirts, swag boxes – SO. MUCH. STUFF.
If you enjoy the show and want to help, please visit http://welikeshooting.com/pledge and see what we put together.
Patron project Rifle giveaway
Lil’s Livefire Lounge
I am going to use this segment to highlight various topics that pertain to women, sometimes news, products, events, etc. If there is anything you want me to focus on specifically, e-mail me at [email protected].
Yes, you can be a lady, be feminine and fashionable, and still conceal a firearm for protection.
- Falia Photography – Falia Holster Reviews
- The Well Armed Woman – Concealed Carry Questions Answered
- Concealed Carrie
- Pretty Dangerous Accessories
- Flash Bang Bra (via Gungoddess.com) — Lola Strange Review, Demonstration Video
Going ballistic with Savage1r (news stories, gun control, etc.)
Put out a call to the audience, if they know of a story we should discuss, send it to us!
- Canadian active shooter event: http://www.torontosun.com/2014/06/04/gunman-on-the-loose-in-moncton-reports
- Remember how Australia got rid of all its guns so no criminals are using them? Guess again: http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/crackdown-targets-weapon-trafficking-20140601-39cn1.html
- AB1014 – The ‘have anyone commit you’ bill – http://www.prweb.com/releases/2014/06/prweb11906770.htm
A-arons Odds news of the week
To stroke or whip. Recently in my backyard of Detroit two of our most clever criminals decided to assault an unarmed victim by pistol whipping him. In the process one of the criminals who was doing he whipping had his finger on the trigger and shot his partner through the neck, the second criminal had the common decency to die. which begs the question, pistol whip or butt stroke. Given the option I like the up close personalness of the whip, but what about my co-hosts?
June Shootout Challenge – Annie get your gun http://welikeshooting.com/shootout
Whose gun in history?
If a historic figure were to use modern publicly available firearms, what would they use? Leonidas
- Aaron: I would give him a AA-12 auto shotgat because *** YOU THIS IS SPARTA
- Jeremy: M130 Vulcan Cannon, would’ve killed all the Persians. 20mm’s of go *** yourself.
- Nick: 1863 Springfield (phalanx reminds me of line battles)
- Savage1r: Mosin with a bayonet. So he can beat, stab and shoot him some persians.
- Lil: Much in the way the Spartans were all seriously and equally armed, today I would give Leonidas a a JP-15 Gladiator, a Nighthawk Predator II 1911, a Titan Anti-Terrorist Vest and a Tactical Yatagan, just for good measure. They will still eventually be defeated, probably by a much smaller group of Navy SEALs.
- Shawn: Since the Hoplites used the phalanx formation and their primary weapon was the Dory, I gave him a spear gun. All the stabbiness with a modern kick.
- Guest:Gatling gun
Gun related link of the week
User feedback and user questions
Shoutout to listener and patron Jamie H. We feel like you’re our best friend too buddy! Thanks for the support!
Rivers Edge Tactical, KTG Firearms Training, JessPens, Manticore Arms, Overwatch Holsters, EZ2C targets.
What shows to listen to on FRN
- Lil: Gun Guy Radio Episode 122 – Long Range Shooting Basics
- Aaron Fat2fitHQ Tough mudder updates!!!
- Shawn: Reloading Podcast, Gun Girl Radio, Guns of Hollywood
Thanks to everyone else that has commented on our social media and our show website. If you would like to correspond with us please
- Email us questions, comments, or insults at [email protected],
- leave us feedback on iTunes,
- comment on our show website – welikeshootingpodcast.com,
- search for us on google plus
Thanks for listening and shoot straight.