WLS 042 – Sketti and Butter
Welcome to the We Like Shooting show, Episode 42. This week we’ll talk about ez2c targets, steiner t5xi tactical rifle scopes, multiholsters hybrid, elftmann tactical and the ruger gp100… again.
Our panel tonight
We are joined by
- Savage1r – A YouTuber who makes videos about shooting, philosophy, and do it yourself projects. knows which panelist was actually born a woman and dresses as a man, hint was once a former marine DOING IT BETTER:
- Lil Chantilly – Lil is Active Duty Navy, womens shooting advocate, NRA Women content partner, long range shooter and gun blogger, at Heelsandhandguns.com. Claims to have seen a merman and fought a cracken DOING IT BETTER: Zeroed the March 3x-24×52 on my .223, then spent a LOT of time shooting.
- Aaron – A Law enforcement marketing specialist and the media contact for We Like Shooting, thought moms demand action was a dating site DOING IT BETTER
- Jeremy – Former Marine, instructor, rifle champ and the owner of River’s Edge Tactical in Ohio. believes all conflicts should be hugged out DOING IT BETTER
- Nick – A precision rifle and barrel maker: Is looking forward to the day when he gets his first chest hair DOING IT BETTER;
- Zak – Zak is former Air Force Security Forces, full time nursing student. Once flew with the Air Force Thunderbirds, they all shared a domestic flight DOING IT BETTER:
- Shawn – I’m Shawn, I’m an instructor, reviewer, competitor. Once tried out america’s got talent, his talent juggling balls. DOING IT BETTER:
GUEST SHORT BIO: A C&R collector with OCD and a penchant for Show and Tell, please join me in welcoming Othais from CandRsenal.com
- Shawn – interesting, Actually, absolutely, fantastic, basically, nice
- Aaron – Piece, clip or interrupts someone!
- Anybody – WEAPON, Hi-Point.
- Jeremy – I hate mah manboobs!
- Nick – duck duck goose
- savage1r – ya know, basically or “pretends” to be gay
- Lil – Oh My Goodness! (Usually brought on by something Aaron says.)
- Zak – Any time Zak says anything.
- Othais: Talks about old guns
and now it’s time for… Gear Chat
where we talk about stuff that we have, want and need!
- Aaron: EZ2C targets
- Savage1r: EZ2C Targets
- Lil – (First: Borka +Torque Wrench Apology.) Gear: I want a Steiner T5xi Tactical Rifle scope
- Nick – Multiholsters hybrid
- Shawn – Elftmann Tactical Match grade trigger
- Jeremy: Custom GP100 project
- Othais: Exploded parts diagrams for historic rifle and animations
We announced our patron project and we’ve seen huge support from you! Thank you so much for believing in what we are doing!
We’re raising money to give back to our audience and make the show better. If you like the show please consider contributing. 50 cents, a dollar, a nickel, a penny (aaron), whatever you can do. It only amounts to a few bucks per month but there are all kinds of rewards and we will constantly be adding to the list. Patches, shirts, swag boxes – SO. MUCH. STUFF.
If you enjoy the show and want to help, please visit https://welikeshooting.com/pledge and see what we put together.
Lil’s Livefire Lounge
I am going to use this segment to highlight various topics that pertain to women, sometimes news, products, events, etc. If there is anything you want me to focus on specifically, e-mail me at email@example.com.
To get us started of right, I get to talk about two of my favorite things rolled into one: Women shooting long range competitions!
Sniper’s Hide Cup 2014: 5 Ladies Participated this year!
- Jamie Dowd (Awarded Top Lady)
- Jess Dussart
- Melissa Gilliland
- Sarah Beard
- Anette Wachter
- (Click here for overall scores.)
Going ballistic with Savage1r (news stories, gun control, etc.)
Put out a call to the audience, if they know of a story we should discuss, send it to us!
- Savage1r – Spree shooting in California: http://www.cnn.com/2014/05/24/us/california-rampage-timeline/ , Handgun purchases require a Handgun Safety Certificate and proof of residency, killer stabbed 3 people first,
- Savage1r – Father of victim blames the NRA http://www.people.com/article/ucsb-santa-barbara-shooting-victim-father-christopher-chris-richard-martinez-statement-elliot-rodger-gun-rights-nra
- Savag1r – Senator uses shooting to push gun control: http://dailycaller.com/2014/05/25/dem-senator-uses-santa-barbara-shooting-to-urge-stricter-gun-laws/
A-arons Odds news of the week
As Memorial Day has passed us by, it seems that people only realize that it is now fashionable to wear white again and not the true meaning of said holiday. There are so many American soldiers who have given their lives in the duty of our country, I wanted to talk about one of them The badassery LCDR Ernest E. Evans who in WII took on a Japanese Naval fleet which included 4 battleships. Now LCDR Evans had a meager force of a few destroyers whose 5 inch guns would not even penetrate the hulls of half of the Japanese fleet but sailed head long into the fray to protect the Marines that were in the process of taking the island.
The battle in which Evans lost his life with 1000 other American servicemen caused the the Japanese Navy to retreat.
Evans received the Medal of Honor, he and the thousands of American servicemen that died that day, is the reason we should remember this holiday.
May Shootout Challenge – Shooting stars! https://welikeshooting.com/shootout
Whose gun in history? Hellen Keller
If a historic figure were to use modern publicly available firearms, what would they use?
- Aaron: I would give her AA-12 fully Auto Shotgun, because she is blind
- Savage1r: 1911 Blue gun if I’m going to be around her. A 7.5” AR SBR with a loudener if I’m not. Because hey, she can’t hear it anyways.
- Lil: Along with the old adage, “Speak softly and carry a big stick”, I think Hellen would have a .338 Lapua with a suppressor. The 6th sense is strong with this one, silent and deadly she is.”
- Nick: A gun made to look like one of those canes blind people use. Chamber it in .22lr, make the whole cane a suppressor. She would be the quietest, least expected assassin.
- Shawn: The nazi’s were after her right? A 9mm Luger. Actually since she was mute, I’ll give her a suppressed bullpup that sends the gas right into your face. What does she care?
- Jeremy: A damn Judge because f*** you (whoever hates those on here)
Gun related link of the week
User feedback and user questions
Bill W. asks:
Was wondering if you could talk briefly about 223, 556, 762, 300 blackout, and 308. Which do you like best and why…
Sent a message last week regarding AR Calibers. I asked which ones you guys enjoyed shooting (223, 556, 762, 300 Blackout) and why. I know it’s redundant, but If you think it’s a good topic, would you mind discussing at length, AR Calibers as a whole? I would love too hear your opinions regarding the advantages, disadvantages, pros and cons, ballistics breakdown, etc…
Blackcrow-KT Knives & Tools, Rivers Edge Tactical, KTG Firearms Training, JessPens, Manticore Arms, Overwatch Holsters, EZ2C targets.
Blackcrow KT – Weshoot2 for free shipping and $45 off package http://www.webstore.com/item,pgr,We-Like-Shooting-Pod-Cast-Combo-Deal,name,41015506,auction_id,auction_details
Blackcrow-KT Knives & Tools – https://www.facebook.com/Blackcrowkt
What shows to listen to on FRN
Lil: This Week in Guns
Aaron Fat2fitHQ Tough mudder updates
Thanks to everyone else that has commented on our social media and our show website. If you would like to correspond with us please
- Email us questions, comments, or insults at firstname.lastname@example.org,
- leave us feedback on iTunes,
- comment on our show website – welikeshootingpodcast.com,
- search for us on google plus
Thanks for listening, and shoot straight.