Shawn Herrin | Sep 30, 2019 | 0
WLS 041 – Hootie and the…
Our panel tonight
We are joined by
- Savage1r – A YouTuber who makes videos about shooting, philosophy, and do it yourself projects. Is a Zubaz model DOING IT BETTER:
- Lil Chantilly – Lil is Active Duty Navy, womens shooting advocate, NRA Women content partner, long range shooter and gun blogger, at Heelsandhandguns.com. Joined the Navy to fight the ever growing dolphin epidemic DOING IT BETTER: Mounted my March scope on my .223 here in CA, taking it to the range on Friday.
- Aaron – A Law enforcement marketing specialist and the media contact for We Like Shooting, Is in a 12 step program for his addiction to donuts DOING IT BETTER Decommissioning flags
- Jeremy – Former Marine, instructor, rifle champ and the owner of River’s Edge Tactical in Ohio. His shoe size is Canoe DOING IT BETTER CCW class this weekend
- Nick – A precision rifle and barrel maker: Spends his free time researching cat names and writing top 10 list online DOING IT BETTER;
- Zak – Zak is former Air Force Security Forces, full time nursing student. Sits on an inflatable donut due to his hemorrhoids DOING IT BETTER:
- Shawn – I’m Shawn, I’m an instructor, reviewer, competitor. Sweats under his boobs when he gets nervous DOING IT BETTER:
GUEST SHORT BIO:
Shawn: Our guest tonight is not Colion Noir, but we were able to pick up the other black gun guy!
Aaron: Hank Strange?
Shawn: Oh, no, not him either. Hold on let me read this.
Just kidding! Our guest tonight is a YouTuber that reviews guns, gear, concealed carry lifestyle tips and political commentary for the gun community. It’s my pleasure to introduce Aaargo Jay!
This is our drinking game.
- Shawn – interesting, Actually, absolutely, fantastic, basically, nice
- Aaron – Piece, clip or interrupts someone!
- Anybody – WEAPON, Hi-Point.
- Jeremy – I hate Aaron!
- Nick – Dook it out
- savage1r – ya know, basically
- Lil – Oh My Goodness! (Usually brought on by something Aaron says.)
- Zak – Any time Zak says anything.
- Aaargo Jay – What!?!?
and now it’s time for… Gear Chat
where we talk about stuff that we have, want and need!
- Shawn: Clear Ballistics
- Jeremy: Grips for my GP100
- Savage1r: FACOG (fake acog chinese knockoff on ebay)
- Aaron HOMAK 8-Gun Security Cabinet
- Lil: Borka torque wrenches
- Aaargo Jay – CMC triggers or Trojan magnum condoms
- Nick – A carbon fiber suppressor with titanium baffles
We announced our patron project and we’ve seen huge support from you! Thank you so much for believing in what we are doing!
We’re raising money to give back to our audience and make the show better. If you like the show please consider contributing. 50 cents, a dollar, a nickel, a penny (aaron), whatever you can do. It only amounts to a few bucks per month but there are all kinds of rewards and we will constantly be adding to the list. Patches, shirts, swag boxes – SO. MUCH. STUFF.
If you enjoy the show and want to help, please visit http://welikeshooting.com/pledge and see what we put together.
Going ballistic (news stories, gun control, etc.)
Put out a call to the audience, if they know of a story we should discuss, send it to us!
Savage1r: Legislation to support:
H.R.4135 – Firearm Importation Fairness Act of 2014: clarifies “sporting purposes” and gets rid of 922r, among other things. As of 04/16/2014, it was referred to the Subcommittee on Crime, Terrorism, Homeland Security, and Investigations and has 6 cosponsors.
H.R.4380 – Gun Confiscation and Registration Prevention Act: prevents funds available through NICS/COPS from being provided to states or areas that maintain registration/confiscation programs. As of 04/16/2014, it was referred to the Subcommittee on Crime, Terrorism, Homeland Security, and Investigations, but has no cosponsors.
Savage1r: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/may/18/targeted-gun-sellers-say-high-risk-label-from-feds/ Banks drop gun businesses. THANKS OBAMA!
A-arons Odds news of the week
Chipotle says no open carry So Chipotle said no more open carry in their restaurants after a couple of guys felt it was necessary to carry Sporting rifles into one of their restaurants. Moms Demand Action sent out a protest letter and Chipotle conceded to the request of all 6 of their members. While I love Chipotle and I will continue to eat there it got me thinking, what foods go well with an AR, I mean ribs is out, your hands would be covered in BBQ sauce, tacos would fly everywhere if you tried a mag change with anything but a soft shelled taco. I mean Chipotle is really missing the market here, burritos beg to be tactical. Anyhow, what foods do you think would be horrible or good to have on you in case you needed to use your AR?
If fictional characters were to use modern publicly available firearms, what would they use? Pick ONE or two. Guest please pick one and put your choice on that line.
This week: Star Trek: The Next Generation
- Captain Jean-Luc Picard Aaron – X-CALIBER, never has there been a captain more willing to be a pacifist on board the deck of the Enterprise the X-Caliber is a co2 based tranq dart gun. Set phasers to stun.
- Commander William T. Riker – Armatix Smart System, ‘cause he’s a pussy
- Lt. Commander Geordi La Forge Aaargo Jay – who the hell watched Star Trek TNG?! Barrett 98B in 338 Lapua Mag w/Tracking Point optic
- Lieutenant Worf – savage1r – RPK – Federation/Klingon – USA/Russia analogy.
- Counselor Deanna Troi Aaron – Mossberg Flex, we have seen she likes to change things up with her bedding of Worf and Riker, and because she is an empath I think she would enjoy something that opens up minds to a wider view.
- Lt. Commander Data – Shawn – Beretta CX4 Storm Carbine. Space gun for an android.
- Dr. Beverly Crusher – Lil: XD(S) .45
- Wesley Crusher – savage1r – Wil Wheaton gets a Whitney Wholverine .22LR
- Chief Miles O’Brien – Nick – played by Colme Meaney. also in Layer Cake. Gives Daniel Craig a Type 67. I’brine gets a type 67.
- Lieutenant Tasha Yar Jeremy: Krag Jorgensen in .30-40 Krag, because I don’t care but I kinda want one.
Blackcrow KT – Weshoot2 for free shipping and $45 off package http://www.webstore.com/item,pgr,We-Like-Shooting-Pod-Cast-Combo-Deal,name,41015506,auction_id,auction_details
Blackcrow-KT Knives & Tools – https://www.facebook.com/Blackcrowkt
Rivers Edge Tactical, KTG Firearms Training, JessPens, Manticore Arms, Overwatch Holsters, EZ2C targets.
Thanks to everyone else that has commented on our social media and our show website. If you would like to correspond with us please
- Email us questions, comments, or insults at [email protected],
- leave us feedback on iTunes,
- comment on our show website – welikeshootingpodcast.com,
- search for us on google plus
Promo of AR-15 Podcast
Thanks for listening, and shoot straight.