WLS 039 – Soup Sandwich
Welcome to the We Like Shooting show, Episode 39. This episode we’ll talk about Modern Spartan Systems, AB Arms, AR Uppers, FN SPR A5M, Custom 1911’s, Ruger GP100, HSGI and the Arsenal Democracy Reaper33.
Our panel tonight
We are joined by
- Savage1r – A YouTuber who makes videos about shooting, philosophy, and do it yourself projects. Some great news! Savage has been cast in The Human Centipede 3… ummm, he’s the middle person. Well… better luck next time. DOING IT BETTER:
- Lil Chantilly – Lil is Active Duty Navy, womens shooting advocate, NRA Women content partner, long range shooter and gun blogger, at Heelsandhandguns.com. Lil likes long walks on the beach… after she lands the USS Tarawa and takes the beach head DOING IT BETTER:
- Aaron – A Law enforcement marketing specialist and the media contact for We Like Shooting, once cried because he had no shoes until he met a man who had no feet and then laughed DOING IT BETTER Spent the weekend shooting with Jeremy and Shawn
- Jeremy – Former Marine, instructor, rifle champ and the owner of River’s Edge Tactical in Ohio. Misread a help-wanted ad for a ranch that was looking for Studs, lets just say there is a ginormous horse that kicks everyone it meets out there they call it wild fire. DOING IT BETTER Whupped Shawn and Aaron’s ass in a game of cricket and all around general shooting
- Nick – A precision rifle and barrel maker: Once had a poop that looked like the fat elvis DOING IT BETTER; Shot the challenge
- Shawn – I’m Shawn, I’m an instructor, reviewer, competitor and I want to be cast as the next Disney Princess. It’s a spanish tale. The working title is Mango-rita.
Our guest tonight is the Head of a social media based network of shooters from all walks of life. Helping to spread information, bring shooters together, and support 2A charities. Please welcome Matt from the IG Militia!
This is our drinking game.
- Shawn – interesting, Actually, absolutely, fantastic, basically, nice
- Aaron – Piece, clip or interrupts someone!
- Anybody – WEAPON, Hi-Point.
- Jeremy – I hate porpoises!
- Nick – Brown bear coming out of its cave
- savage1r – ya know, basically
- Lil – Oh My Goodness! (Usually brought on by something Aaron says.)
- Zak – Any time Zak says anything.
- Matt – “UM”
and now it’s time for… Gear Chat
where we talk about stuff that we have, want and need!
- Shawn: Modern spartan systems gun cleaning products
- Aaron: AB arms Forend
- Savage1r: Upper from listener John Crane – multitaskertools.com shoutout
- Lil: FN SPR A5M Precision Rifle
- Nick: 1911 project is finally complete
- Jeremy: Bought a GP100 4.2” .357, now to deck it out…
- Matt: New HSGI battle belt set up on the way and saving up for an Arsenal Democracy Reaper33.
We announced our patron project and we’ve seen huge support from you! Thank you so much for believing in what we are doing!
We’re raising money to give back to our audience and make the show better. If you like the show please consider contributing. 50 cents, a dollar, a nickel, a penny (aaron), whatever you can do. It only amounts to a few bucks per month but there are all kinds of rewards and we will constantly be adding to the list. Patches, shirts, swag boxes – SO. MUCH. STUFF.
If you enjoy the show and want to help, please visit https://welikeshooting.com/pledge and see what we put together.
It’s time for…
Going ballistic (news stories, gun control, etc.)
Put out a call to the audience, if they know of a story we should discuss, send it to us!
- Guest: Personal story of local LEO friend who just recently who had a dangerous altercation with a subject because of “Gun Enhancement Charges”.
- Savage1r: Supreme Court declines to rule on Drake – http://reason.com/blog/2014/05/05/supreme-court-refuses-to-hear-major-seco
- Savage1r: Smart guns are dumb, don’t be dumb back – http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/2014/0503/Death-threats-stop-gun-store-from-selling-smart-gun.-Why
- Savage1r: NJ trying to limit magazine capacity to 10 rounds – http://www.njleg.state.nj.us/2014/Bills/S1000/993_I1.HTM
A-arons Odds news of the week
In honor of cinco de mayo I give you this weeks top 5 list, this week, Aaron’s top five things the Mexican Culture has given us.
5. The mexican carry
4. A mexican Standoff
3. gold plated guns
1. a tequila shot
May Shootout Challenge – Shooting stars!
If fictional characters were to use modern publicly available firearms, what would they use? Pick ONE or two. Guest please pick one and put your choice on that line.
This week: Goonies
- Mikey – Shawn – Crosman American Classic Pump Air Pistol. He has asthma, so I gave him an AIR gun. LOL
- Chunk – Lil: Glock 19. Just like Chunk, the Glock 19 is dependable, affordable, some people love it and then some people get sick of hearing about it.
- Mouth – savage1r – Corey Feldmen gets the hi-point because drugs
- Andy Jeremy: Super Soaker, otherwise she’d have killed herself.
- Stef– Aaron – Type 94, 8mm Nambu because it is almost as ugly as she is.
- Data– MATT- Sig MPX. It is young, small, and compact just like our friend Data. Its also high tech and brilliant, just like most Asians. (Is this wrong? Am I going to get in trouble?”)
- Sloth – Sloth is the oldest of the Fratelli children, but mentally he’s still the Baby Fratelli. I like the Band The Fratellis, and the bridge of the aforementioned song talks about a prostitute or floozy. My Pre-Wife refers to derringers as “hooker guns”, so Sloth gets an American Derringer M-4 Alaskan Survival .45-70.
- Mama Fratelli – savage1r – Smith & Wesson Model 29 because that’s what she had and it’ll make Ryan Michad happy
Gun related link of the week
- savage1r – www.multitaskertools.com
- Lil: Tips for First Time at the Range – www.nrawomen.tv
- Shawn: Instagram.com/theigmilitia
- Nick: http://www.smokecomposites.com/
Rivers edge tactical codes: RiversEdgeTactical.net use coupon code wlslistener
Ktgfirearms.com – 20% off discount for classes for We Like Shooting listeners. Just mention us.
JessPens.com – 10% off – use code WeLikeShooting10
www.manticorearms.com – free shipping through May 31st – use code WELIKESHOOTING
Thanks to everyone else that has commented on our social media and our show website. If you would like to correspond with us please
- Email us questions, comments, or insults at email@example.com,
- leave us feedback on iTunes,
- comment on our show website – welikeshootingpodcast.com,
- search for us on google plus
What shows to listen to on FRN
- Lil: Precision Rifle Podcast
- Aaron Fat2fitHQ
Thanks for listening, and shoot straight.