WLS 026 – Mushroom Stamps
Welcome to the We Like Shooting show, Episode 26, this week we’ll talk about 12 Survivors night vision, Taking a 308 from trash to treasure, the .308 FG42, new Accuracy International rifles and Smith & Wesson fever.
Links to our guests and panelists:
Our panel tonight
Nick isn’t joining us tonight as he nurses his pre-wife back to health after a health scare. Our thoughts go out to them. So send them some good vibes.
We are joined by
- Savage1r – A YouTuber who makes videos about shooting, philosophy, and do it yourself projects and is a Holder of the most restraining orders in the state of Washington
- Lil Chantilly – Lil is Active Duty Navy, womens shooting advocate, long range shooter and gun blogger, at Heelsandhandguns.com Has a restraining order out on Savage
- Aaron – Law enforcement marketing and Media contact for WLS. Body double for Kathy Bates
- Jeremy – Former Marine, instructor, competition winner, owner of River’s Edge Tactical in Ohio. knows which one of his cousins is the best kisser
- Shawn – I’m Shawn, I’m an instructor, reviewer, competitor. My ears are so big, my earrings are made by goodyear.
Guest: HrntFixr: Retired Navy, youtuber, avid gun collector , shooter…. your ordinary everyday AMERICAN. Named his kids Smith and Wesson after their mother.
This is our drinking game.
- Shawn – interesting, Actually, absolutely, fantastic, basically, nice
- Aaron – Piece, clip or interrupts someone!
- Anybody – WEAPON, Hi-Point.
- Jeremy – I hate all of you
- Nick – poopachini alfredo
- savage1r – ya know, basically
- Lil – Oh My Goodness! (Usually brought on by something Aaron says.)
- Zak – Any time Zak says anything.
- Guest: HrntFixr: smith & wesson
Doing it better!
What have we done lately in guns, outdoors and gear?
- Aaron: How to lie about gun prices
- Guest: HrntFixr: Buying a lot of smith and wessons, shooting outdoors, what’s gear?
- Lil: I have been talking a LOT about guns with 4 podcasts last week, TWIG, BGWAG, PRP, and WLS. I need to talk less and shoot more!
This segment we talk about stuff that we have, want and need!
- Shawn: 12 Survivors Trace Digital Night Vision
- built in recording
- connects to PC
- built in IR illuminator
- Aaron: 308 Build, Manners Stock, Pac-Nor Barrel
- Jeremy: ^Be talking more about this Short Action Customs
- Savage1r: http://smgguns.com/?page_id=777 .308 FG42 reproduction
- Lil: New Accuracy International AT Rifles for 2014 – Snipershide review Video
- Guest: HrntFixr: Liberal tears gun Oil, what’s gear? tacticalshit.com
- Rainier Arms Revolvr – http://www.revolvr.com/
- HOGFOB – http://hausofguns.com
- MSCLEAN – http://mscleankit.com
What you might have missed this week on We Like Shooting.
This week we posted articles on:
- The MDT TAC21 Chassis,
- The Iron Hammer Armory AK47 Hammer Trunnion
- and Friday we publish an interview with APEX gun parts.
We also posted videos on youtube covering:
- a status update on the Catamount Fury semi auto 12 Gauge from Century Arms.
- Voodoo Tactical’s deluxe 42 inch weapons bag
- and Range Systems Quik Stand target stand systems.
This segment is for us to talk about things and stuff going in the gun world. Panelists, Vent away.
- Shawn: http://www.guns.com/2014/01/29/armed-burglar-beats-woman-penis-home-invasion/
- Shawn: http://www.guns.com/2014/01/31/man-accidentally-shoots-testicles-trying-rob-neighbor-video/
- Shawn: http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/01/30/colorado-gun-laws-enforcement/5055523/
- Shawn: http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2014/02/02/man-allegedly-pulls-gun-on-girl-scout-selling-cookies/
- Savage1r: http://m.ctpost.com/news/crime/article/US-judge-upholds-Connecticut-gun-control-law-5190458.php – federal judge upholds AWB in Conn.
- Savage1r: http://bulletsfirst.net/2014/01/31/peaceful-rebellion-catching-fire-connecticut/#CLHys73UFAdetP6O.16 – Conn residents refuse to register 90% AWB items
- Aaron: http://dailycaller.com/2014/02/03/washington-senator-guns-shock-sicken-me/
We don’t want to hear you talk, lets see what you’ve got. It’s pretty simple; Download the official target at WeLikeShooting.com/shootout, shoot 5 shots from 7 yards, best group wins.
You may think you have what it takes, but lets see you put your balls where your mouth is… Wait, what? We want to see you film it, take pictures, whatever and submit it to WeLikeShooting.com/shootout, we’ll post it on our site and social media and the best group wins bragging rights.
Pistols and Centerfire cartridges only.
If fictional characters were to use modern publicly available firearms, what would they use? Pick ONE or two. Guest please pick one and put your choice on that line.
This week: The Brady Bunch
- Mike Brady – Hrntfixr – S&W 500 Magnum… Cuz deep down he’s not a nice guy.
- Carol Brady – Shawn – she’s in real estate so she’d be carrying a glock 42 in .380, concealed in a flashbang bra.
- Alice Nelson – Aaron – Zipgun.
- Marcia Brady – Savage1r – Barrett M107A1 – because she has to have the newest, biggest, most fashionable rifle
- Jan Brady – Savage1r – Anzio 20mm – because Marcia is a bitch and Jan is going to show her how it’s done
- Cindy Brady – Jeremy: GE M134
- Greg Brady – HrntFixr: Hi-point 45… now everybody drink
- Peter Brady – Shawn: thought he had no personality so he overcompensates by rocking a Kimber 1911. He thinks it’ll make people like him.
- Bobby Brady – Lil: Savage Mark II .22lr bolt action rifle
Gun related link of the week
- Shawn: Wind reference sheet for long range shooting. – http://i.imgur.com/fVUsRIG.png
- Savage1r: http://smgguns.com/?page_id=777
- Lil: http://www.looserounds.com
- Jeremy: shortactioncustoms.com
- Guest: http://shop.tacticalshit.com/
User feedback and user questions
Name: Mike D
Message: WLS Shooting crew,
I have really struggled finding holster options for my particular need and could really use your insight. As far as I can tell, the solution I am looking for really does not exist.
I am looking for a holster to use while hiking. What I started off searching for is a holster which can be secured to the should straps of a Camelback backpack. This would allow quick access to the firearm while not weighing down ones belt and while not limiting range of movement for other holster options.
Ideally, I would also like this holster to conceal the XD well enough that it is not going to draw attention or freak out other trail users. I have seen a few ‘chest rig’ options, but those look like they would be a hot option to use in warmer weather.
The final option would be to use a OWB holster. Again, this would be less desirable but acceptable if no other options exist, but would like it to conceal the firearm well enough so that it is not immediately obvious that I am carrying. Again, the most desirable option would be to carry on the side of the Camelback, but I can not seem to find an option here.
Thanks for any input you can provide in advance.
New giveaway! Leave us an iTunes review or email us and tell us why iTunes sucks. Either way. We’ll decide which one amuses us most every week and give the person that left it a free t-shirt.
- Rivers edge tactical codes: RiversEdgeTactical.net use coupon code wlslistener
- You can also check out our store at welikeshooting.com/store, stickers, paracord bracelets and camera mounts
Thanks to everyone else that has commented on our social media and our show website.
Please email us questions, comments, or insults at [email protected],
- leave us feedback on iTunes,
- comment on our show website – welikeshootingpodcast.com,
- search for us on google plus
If you like our show, please share it.. You can share http://welikeshootingpodcast.com/itunes.
Check out WeLikeShooting.com for great reviews, tips, tricks, videos. We have stacks of cash and cadavers, just not in that order. Aaron: No, no we don’t. oops
Companies! We are one of the fastest growing shows on the network. Advertisers?
What shows to listen to on FRN
- savage1r: all the podcasts that lil is on
- Lil: Precision Rifle Podcast
Promo of FAT2FIT
If you could describe the show in a quick sentence, what would you say?
GUEST: I am Tired
Thanks for listening, and shoot straight.