WLS 020 – SAY MY NAME!
This week we’ll talk about reloading / handloading, the equipment we use, the problems we have, beards and more!
Links to our guests and panelists:
Our panel tonight
Tonight I will tell one lie per introduction. See if you can tell what it is.
We are joined by
- Savage1r – A YouTuber who makes videos about shooting, philosophy, and do it yourself projects Savage also Once drank a whole colostomy bag on a bet (he lost)
- Lil Chantilly – Lil is Active Duty Navy, womens shooting advocate, long range shooter and gun blogger, at Heelsandhandguns.com, ran into a burning building to save a bunch of orphans
- Aaron – Law enforcement marketing specialist, former director of logistics and media contact for WLS. Aaron drives a tactical honda fit.
- Jeremy – Former Marine, instructor, owner of River’s Edge Tactical in Ohio once set an orphanage on fire
- Zak – Zak is retired Air Force Security Forces, full time nursing student. Zak has a motto I am not proud, but 20 bucks is 20 bucks.
- Shawn – I’m Shawn, I’m an instructor, reviewer, competitor and has been stocking up on organic seeds to use as currency in the end times.
Rich from GunTortureTests.com/Arrowhead Ammunition – Renowned YouTuber, Warhammer 40K geek, prior military and retired law enforcement He is an FFL/SOT/Gunsmith/IDPA shooter, wannabe ammunition manufacturer and owner of 2 of the world’s greatest beards. The one on his face and the other on his back. Only Aaron has seen both. My notes say that you have a man-crush on Leonardo Dicaprio
- Shawn – interesting, Actually, absolutely, fantastic, basically, nice
- Aaron – Piece, clip or Max put your pants on!
- Anybody – WEAPON, Hi-Point.
- Jeremy – I hate all of you
- Nick – Poop swirl deluxe
- savage1r – ya know, basically
- Lil – Oh My Goodness! (Usually brought on by something Aaron says.)
Doing it better!
What have we done lately in guns, outdoors and gear?
- Shawn: I went shooting just for fun. Totally spur of the moment and just went and shot to have fun. Feeling more motivated.
- Aaron: Hatsan Model Sniper 125
- Lil: Assisting in a complete AR-15 build
- Rich: Trying to get Arrowhead Ammunition off the ground, and being unsuccessful at it.
This segment we talk about stuff that we have, want and need!
- Shawn: Lee Pro 1000
- Aaron: Lee Classic Turret Press
- Lil: 105gr VLD Berger Bullets for my 6XC
- Savage1r: PSA Blemished Lower Xmas present
- Jeremy: .300 WinMag dies
What reloading gear do you use?
- Shawn – Lee Pro 1000
- Lil – RCBS Press, Redding Sizing and Seating Dies, RCBS scale, etc.
- Aaron – Lee Classic Turret Press
- Savage1r – Lee 25th anniversary single stage press
- Jeremy: RCBS Supreme Rock Chucker kit, RCBS Dies (custom chamber)
What calibers do you reload for?
- Shawn – 45acp. Getting ready to start on 9mm and 223.
- Lil – 6.5 Creedmoor now and will add 6XC in the future
- Aaron – 9mm Occasionally 223
- savage1r – 9mm, .45, 7.62×39
- Jeremy: .243 SRCM (Wildcat round), will start on .300 WinMag soon…hopefully
- Rich – EVERYTHING
What problems do you have?
- Shawn – Powder drop consistency and freaking damn primers, finding components though that is better.
- Lil – Finding H4350 Powder and sometimes bullets, also trimming and deburring by hand (which is why I recommend a Giraud Trimmer if you can afford it.)
- Aaron – Brass
- Savage1r – Unique sucks in a powder drop
- Jeremy: Barrel Burner, brass longevity, 2 shots to have a complete load, takes for damn ever, need to find exact components needed
What does someone who has never reloaded need to do to get into it?
Advanced reloading gear?
News or anything else going on
(From Rich) Arrowhead Ammunition is accepting pre-orders via an IndieGoGo campaign: http://igg.me/p/602491/x/5546058
If fictional characters were to use modern publicly available firearms, what would they use? Pick ONE or two.
This week: A Christmas Story
- Mother Parker – Shawn – Well, she was against bb guns, but if you’ll recall she went on to star in a movie about bigfoot. With that under her belt, she became a recluse and picked up a Sako TRG 42 in .338 Lapua. Bigfoot wrecked her house once, but it won’t happen again. You’re move, bigfoot.
- Old Man Parker Jeremy: (He’s the dad right?) Chrome plated M16A1 with wood furniture. (dead sexy right)
- Ralphie – Rich – Seriously? Is there even a question about this one?
- Randy – savage1r – Hi-Point 9mm Carbine with a compass in the stock and a 10 rnd magazine
- Scut Farkus – Aaron – Pfeifer Zeliska 28mm Revolver
- Miss Shields – Rich – Chrome .32 Derringer (tucked into a black lace garter)
- Santa — Lil Hi-Point in Cerakoted in Camo
- The Chinese Wait Staff – savage1r – Chi-Com SKS’s and AK-47’s
Gun related link of the week
- Shawn: http://fsreloading.com & http://loaddata.com
- Aaron: http://ammoguide.com/
- Lil: http://www.accurateshooter.com
- Rich: http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/arrowhead-ammunition
New giveaway! Leave us an iTunes review or email us and tell us why iTunes sucks. Either way. We’ll decide which one amuses us most every week and give the person that left it a free t-shirt.
Rivers edge tactical codes: RiversEdgeTactical.net use coupon code wlslistener
You can also check out our store at welikeshooting.com/store, stickers, paracord bracelets and camera mounts
Please email us questions, comments, or insults at firstname.lastname@example.org,
- leave us feedback on iTunes,
- comment on our show website – welikeshootingpodcast.com,
- search for us on google plus
If you like our show, please share it.. You can share http://welikeshootingpodcast.com/itunes.
Check out WeLikeShooting.com for great reviews, tips, tricks, videos. We are spending thousands of dollars in ammunition per year. FOR YOU. Will you go to prom with us?
Companies! We are one of the fastest growing shows on the network. Advertisers?
GUEST: If you were to describe this show in a quick sentence, what would you say?
Rich: “Pretty damn awesome.”
Thanks for listening, and shoot straight.
P.S. This is Brian Posehn
This is Aaron