WLS 014 – Ken was in shape
This episode we’ll talk about AK’s, AR’s, Daewoo, Derringer, Glock, Nighthawk Talon, Backpacking and more.
Links to our guests and panelists:
Our panel tonight
Tonight I will tell one lie per introduction. See if you can tell what it is.
- Savage1r – Savage is a YouTuber who makes videos about shooting, philosophy, and do it yourself projects and avid collector of potato chips that look like celebrities
- Lil Chantilly – Lil is Active Duty Navy, womens shooting advocate, long range shooter and gun blogger, at Heelsandhandguns.com, little known fact, the movie Fight Club is based on her life story
- Aaron – Law enforcement marketing specialist, and media contact for WLS. He still believes in the easter bunny and tries to shoot it every year,
- Jeremy – Former Marine, instructor, owner of River’s Edge Tactical in Ohio and writing buffy fan fiction
- Nick – Nick spends his day making high dollar rifles and barrels and his nights Searching for a way to tap into the hidden strengths that all humans have. Then an accidental overdose of gamma radiation interacts with his unique body chemistry. And now when Nick grows angry or outraged, a startling metamorphosis occurs. The creature is driven by rage and pursued by an investigative reporter. We don’t like him when he’s angry.
- Shawn – I’m Shawn, I’m an instructor, reviewer, competitor and Rosie O’donnell impersonator (Hi, I’m rosie o’donnell)
We have several special guests with us tonight.
Our first guest is a Youtube firearms enthusiast specializing in Guns Girls & Gear, and he was also a stunt double on the Lifetime TV Movie A Woman Scorned: The Amy Fisher Story – Friend of the show, our buddy, Hank Strange
- We are also joined by Hank’s better half, who we hear once punched a bear because why the heck not, the lovely and talented – Lola Strange
Our final guest is a Youtube sensation with as many subscribers as the population of most cities. He does excellent reviews, offers thought provoking commentary, some of the best production value around and we heard he even once choked out a man using only his beard – MAC from the Military Arms Channel
- Shawn – interesting, Actually, absolutely, fantastic, basically, nice (thanks BJ)
- Aaron – Piece, clip or Arachibutyrophobia
- Anybody – WEAPON, Hi-Point.
- Nick – poop
- savage1r – ya know, basically
- Hank – anything that Jeremy says, just drink and get it over with 😀
Doing it better!
What have we done lately in guns, outdoors and gear?
- Shawn: I’ve been recording and editing videos. My practice has gone to crap this week. I really need to start pushing it with this new gun M&P Pro. I’ll be doing some treadmill training this week.
- Aaron: Started reading a book on backcountry hiking/backpacking
- Lil: Rifle range, shooting my Remington 5R .223 at 100, 200, 300, focusing on decreasing group
- Savage1r: Bought a gas block and shipped off my upper to Zak to put a barrel on it. other gear incoming
- Jeremy: Had a class
- Hank -Been shooting some classic handguns (CZ52 & Super Titan 380) also: going to be taking NRA PIstol Instructors Course
- Nick: 1911 project?
- Mac: Traveled to Academi and spent a couple of days with the trainers.
- Lola: Shot Kel-Tec PF9, waiting for XDs to be returned
This segment we talk about stuff that we have, want and need!
- Shawn: I kind of want an AK pattern rifle. What should I get? I picked up a SAR Arms B6P pistol. Looking forward to putting it through it’s paces.
- Aaron: WANT: 308 rifle bolt action
- Lil: My 1911, my baby, my piece of art – my Nighthawk Talon
- Savage1r: I wanna Glock 21 with a Mech Tech .45 upper
- Jeremy: Savage Model 10 FCP, HS Precision Stock in .300 Win Mag
- Hank – ok do you like AK’s or Ar’s? the Daewoo Max 2 rifle
- Nick: Derringer
- MAC: Lionheart LH9
- Lola: Desert Tactical Arms – anything!
This segment is for us to talk about aggravating things in the gun world. Panelists, Vent away.
- Savage: What if we were able to push for mandatory firearms training in highschool? http://www.reddit.com/r/Firearms/comments/1qds3m/xpost_from_rguns_feel_free_to_rip_me_a_new/
- Mac: Dick Metcalf
News or anything else going on in the gun world
- Aaron: Printed 1911 solid concepts
- Mac: Shot Show 2014
Now we’ll quickly go through each panelists state and with one word they will describe the current gun law/regulation atmosphere.
- Montana: Yup
- Colorado: Waiting
- Michigan: Triorchidism (Tri o chid ism)
- Washington: Pretentious
- Ohio: Nipples
- Indians: Very good
- California: Desperation
- Florida: stand your ground still standing!
If fictional characters were to use modern publicly available firearms, what would they use?
This week: Loony Toons
- Daffy Duck – Nick L – AK Pistol with Loudener – He’s obnoxious, stupid, and spits when he talks.
- Elmer Fudd – savage1r – Punt gun – how else are you going to take down a flock of ducks? Rabbit season, Duck season
- Speedy Gonzales: Jeremy: Fusil M-1908 “Mondragón” (Mexican automatic rifle)
- Marvin the Martian: MAC – the most tacticool AR in the world.
- Pepé Le Pew – Savage1r – Chauchat – because he’s french and all his attempts malfunction.
- Porky Pig – Shawn: He is obviously shooting a black powder muzzle loader. There is a bit of a stutter when you pull the trigger.
- Sylvester – Shawn: Sylvester never gets what he wants, so he went in to buy a Remington Versa-Max Tactical to take care of tweety, but he ended up leaving with a Hi-Point.
- Tasmanian Devil – Lil: Full Automatic FN FAL. They go together well, I am not sure you can control either one, but they sure will cause a lot of damage!
- Tweety- – Hank – ( in honor of Lola’s tweety bird shaped head) dual 3d printed 1911’s face off style!
- Wile E. Coyote – Aaron – M28 120mm Atomic Battle Group Delivery System (Davy Crockett)
- The Road Runner – Aaron – M134 Minigun, he needs a gun that is as fast as him
- Jessica Rabbit: Lola – Benelli shotgun
Gun related link of the week
Nick Forgotten Weapons – youtube.com/user/forgottenweapons
User feedback and user questions
Hey Guys and Gal ,
Love the show and have a question that might be more for Nick more than anyone else . When concealed carrying what do you do when you have to Drop a Deuce in a public restroom. I mainly carry a Glock 23 in a N82 Tactical ( Nate Squared Tactical ) holster which is easy to remove and set on a flat surface such as the tissue dispenser or baby changing table in the stall . Outside the waistband holsters seem more tricky. Just wondering what your opinions are and especially Nick
Want a free t-shirt? All you have to do is go to welikeshooting.com/shirt and ask us a question. If it is answered on the show, we will be sending you one of our stylish shirts.
Rivers edge tactical codes: RiversEdgeTactical.net use coupon code wlslistener
We got some iTunes reviews and wanted to thank. 5 star reviews? Are they listening to the right show?
- EnigmaTX – FRN has the top two panel discussion shows
- WarTiger02 – See above
- Greg Bakken – ADD firearms enthusiast, Aaron does a great job herding cats? Now, look here Gerald Dokken, Aaron is the head cat. Shawn is the cat shepherd.
We also received some email feedback. Keep an ear out as we have added your listener questions to the queue.
and also some great comments on our website, welikeshootingpodcast.com, thanks to
Robert W for his suggestions on Targets for dryfire.
We appreciate the feedback and Lil has agreed to give our listeners tips on being polite and nice.
Email us questions, comments, or insults at [email protected],
- leave us feedback on iTunes,
- comment on our show website – welikeshootingpodcast.com,
- search for us on google plus
If you like our show, please share it. You can share http://welikeshootingpodcast.com/itunes. On facebook, twitter, google plus, your friends, your family, Teach them the ways of the force. Don’t be afraid. Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to… suffering
- Like what we are doing and want some reviews, tips, tricks, videos, whatever? check us out at welikeshooting.com.
- We own magazinenotclip.com, give us ideas for how to use it, whether funny or serious at [email protected]
- Dan V. – pro high cap mag site, linking all the great videos on YouTube and calling out politicians that aren’t doing their jobs protecting the 2nd amendment.
- C. D. – gun related fails site. Like americas funniest home videos for gun fails.
Email us at [email protected] for more information
What shows to listen to on FRN
- Aaron: Precision Rifle Podcast with Kirk and Dan Just caught the first episode and love the birds in the background.
- Lil: Gun Guy Radio (Episode 093)
- Savage1r: Tactical Paradise, Competitive Rifle Podcast
Thanks for listening, and shoot straight.