WLS 016 – Happy Thanksgiving!
Happy Thanksgiving! This episode we’ll talk about cleaning kits, charging handles, bcg’s, optics, multi tools and more. More can’t make it on the show.
Links to our guests and panelists:
Before I introduce everyone, Since this is being released on Thanksgiving, happy turkey day. I’m thankful to be a part of this show and I’m thankful for the people that listen to us!
Our panel tonight
Tonight I will tell one lie per introduction. See if you can tell what it is. Feel free to let us know what you’re thankful for as I introduce you. Except Jeremy, don’t want him to derail our feelings train.
- Savage1r – Savage is a YouTuber who makes videos about shooting, philosophy, and do it yourself projects was once mistaken for a hobbit at the mall.
- Lil Chantilly – Lil is Active Duty Navy, womens shooting advocate, long range shooter and gun blogger, at Heelsandhandguns.com, more importantly she is Star of such Bollywood hits as Dedh Ishqiya and Shaadi Ke Side Effects
- Aaron – Law enforcement marketing specialist, and media contact for WLS. Won an American Music Award for his upcoming CD the sounds of Laziness (all you hear is snoring and an occasion Fart, still better than Miley)
- Jeremy – Former Marine, instructor, owner of River’s Edge Tactical in Ohio, Keeps a dream journal and every page has Jennifer Love Hewitt written on it
- Nick – Nick spends his day making high dollar rifles and barrels and Rocketed from his dying homeworld by his scientifically advanced mother and father seconds before its destruction, as an infant he crash-landed on Earth, where he was raised as a human by his adoptive parents until he came of age, and discovered that Earth’s environment activated his incredible powers, which he has since used as the world’s greatest protector
- Zak – Zak is retired Air Force Security Forces, full time nursing student and part time greeter at Walmart
- Shawn – I’m Shawn, I’m an instructor, reviewer, competitor and professional Urine Farmer.
Our special guest this week is:
Sharpie443 – Gun loving, red neck, prepper, beer snob, YouTuber from the backwoods of Ohio with an economics degree. He Once drank a can of baked beans
- Shawn – interesting, Actually, absolutely, fantastic, basically, nice
- Aaron – Piece, clip or Max put that down
- Anybody – WEAPON, Hi-Point.ick – Poopasaurus Rex
- savage1r – ya know, basically
- Lil – Oh My Goodness! (Usually brought on by something Aaron says.)
Doing it better!
What have we done lately in guns, outdoors and gear?
- Shawn: PPOH Instructor class.
- Aaron: Prepping for Up North
- Lil: Spent time at the Pistol range with my XD45 and my Buckmark
- Sharpie: canning and food preservation or Get home kit
This segment we talk about stuff that we have, want and need!
- Shawn: Outers Compact Handgun Cleaning Kit
- Aaron: AMBI Charging Handle Latch (ACHL)
- Savage1r: PSA 8620 BCG
- Lil: Leupold Mark 6 3-18x Scope – My Tracking Test and Leupold Customer Service
- Zak – Cad-Teknik Enfield scope mount
- NickLynch – my $25 12ga
- Sharpie – SOG Multi tool
This segment is for us to talk about aggravating things in the gun world. Panelists, Vent away.
- ATF 41P: http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/1623/h21v.jpg – gutting of gun trusts
- Confiscation of Guns in California: (Lil) There are several news stories of agents confiscating guns in CA following the new laws. Here is the most recent one I found: The lady in this story had been found incompetent to have firearms and had been ordered to relinquish them to authorities. She did not do so, and state APPS (Armed Prohibited Persons Systems) agents went to her home to request she hand over her gun. She said she gave it to her uncle. If the agents think a person is lying, they will request a warrant and lock down the house and conduct a search.
- This May the Governor signed Senate Bill 140 into law that appropriated $24M of state funds from the DROS (Dealer Record of Sales) funds to increase manning to support the APPS follow up and confiscation of gun from people who are not supposed to have them due to their criminal record, mental state, etc. Many are fighting this law, saying it was unconstitutional to appropriate these funds for this purpose.
- Sharpie – I recently did a video on a guy named Michael R. Weisser who is an anti gun, gun shop owner. He writes articles for the Huntington post that are anti gun
News or anything else going on
- Ohio House Bill 203, Also Here
- Colorado hunting boycot bust- http://www.denverpost.com/outdoors/ci_24593944/call-colorado-hunting-boycott-misses-mark
- Heckler & Koch introducing civilian G3 (hk293): http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2013/11/25/heckler-koch-hk243-hk293-civilian-g36/
Now we’ll quickly go through each panelists state and with one word they will describe the current gun law/regulation atmosphere.
- Montana: nzuri
- Colorado: HUDAK
- Michigan: Decent
- Washington: QUIXOTIC
- Ohio: Passed
- California: Despair
- Sharpie state:
If fictional characters were to use modern publicly available firearms, what would they use? Pick ONE or two.
This week: Domestic Beers
- Bud Light – Zak-Ruger P89
- Double Bastard Ale – savage1r – Deagle brand deagle .50AE. Full power and only douches own them
- Arrogant Bastard Ale – savage1r – IWI Jericho – more wimpy DE and lesser douches own them (Just for you sharpie)
- Natural Light – Shawn – Hi-Point, if you drink Natty light, you are probably going to commit a crime.
- O’Doul’s (N.A.) Lil – Super Soaker CPS 4100 Water Gun
- Coors – Jeremy: Winchester 94 in .30-30 (classic cowboy gun for the rockies)
- Keystone Light – Jeremy: Marlin 336C (Tries so hard to be a Coors and a Winchester.)
- Miller Lite – Lil – JP Enterprises CTR-02 – Because Miller Lite is the Sponsor of my 2nd Fave NASCAR driver, Brad Keslowski and this rifle is fully competition ready, and just as awesome as the 2012 Sprint Cup Champion.
- Carlsberg-Zak-Double rifle in .416 Rigby
- Colt 45 – Aaron – Walther PPK Billy Dee Williams, General Warren Boutwell, Undercover Brother
- Olde English – Aaron – Lorcin L .380
- Pabst Blue Ribbon-Zak-Break open single shot 12 gauge
- Old Rasputin – Imperial Stout: Shawn – Dual wield Mosin Nagants. RIFLE IS FINE.
- Bartles and Jaymes: NickLych – Colt 1908 Vest Pocket Hammerless .25acp (refreshing once in a while, but not really good for anything.)
Gun related link of the week
- Shawn: tacticalparadise.com
- Aaron : Www.calamityarms.com
- Savage1r: http://www.datamancer.net
- Lil: http://www.6mmbr.com/index.html
- Sharpie: Battle boy surplus and American specialty ammo
User feedback and user questions
I originally tuned into you show because I thought it was about Hooting. I figured you folks were into owls like I am and finally someone was doing a show about the under rated owl. With a name like We likes Hooting how could you go wrong. Everything is about eagles, a musical group, Steve Miller wants to fly like one, and a football team. I\’m not on Facebook so I can\’t likes anything.
I do find your podcasts entertaining and sometimes informative even though you don\’t give a hoot about owls. Why Lil puts up with your owl droppings I will never know.
A Colorado Native now living in Washington, I\’m sadden by how fast it went from a red to a blue one. It just goes to show what happens when you let your guard down even for a minute.
Spotted Owl, stuffing, sweet potatoes and cranberry makes a great substitute for turkey if you aren\’t able to bag one this year.
Want a free t-shirt? All you have to do is go to welikeshooting.com/shirt and ask us a question. If it is answered on the show, we will be sending you one of our stylish shirts.
Rivers edge tactical codes: RiversEdgeTactical.net use coupon code wlslistener
You can also check out our store at welikeshooting.com/store, stickers, paracord bracelets and camera mounts
We got some iTunes reviews and wanted to thank everyone who gave us a review. Click here to do your own!
We also received some Social media feedback. Keep an ear out as we have added your listener questions to the queue.
- RB Segura – FB to WLS
- Daniel Lance – Google + to Aaron
I also want to give a shout out to listener Steve D. for being the most clever and enterprising fella around. So check this out. In a previous episode I talked about buying the M&P PRO and couldn’t get the magazines because of Colorado’s stupid new law. He contacted my dealers at Fighting Chance Firearms and asked if they would sell them to him out of state. I mean, that dude is paying attention. I had to decline as I was planning to ship them to a friend anyway, but was seriously impressed. Thanks for listening Steve, I’ll buy you a beer if we ever cross paths to make up for the magazines. Thanks to Christina and Josh at Fighting Chance Firearms as well. Great folks!
We appreciate the feedback and Savage1r offered to give lessons on how to hide your identity.
Email us questions, comments, or insults at email@example.com,
leave us feedback on iTunes,
comment on our show website – welikeshootingpodcast.com,
If you like our show, please share it. You can share http://welikeshootingpodcast.com/itunes. On facebook, twitter, google plus,, wherever.
Like what we are doing and want some reviews, tips, tricks, videos, whatever? check us out at welikeshooting.com.
We own magazinenotclip.com, give us ideas for how to use it, whether funny or serious at firstname.lastname@example.org
Sponsors? Want to sponsor the show? Email us here for info.
What shows to listen to on FRN
Lil: Gun Guy Radio Episode 095 — Happy Thanksgiving!
Thanks for listening, and shoot straight.