WLS 005 – Tactical juice box
This episode we’re going to talk about the Remington Versa-max tactical shotgun, mayflowers plate carrier, xds 9, springfield operator trp, bushnell binoculars, ribz packs, remora holsters and whatever else comes up.
Our panel tonight
- Savage1r is a YouTuber who makes videos about shooting, philosophy, and do it yourself projects.
- Lil Chantilly – Lil is an Active Duty Navy, womens shooting advocate, long range shooter and gun blogger, at Heelsandhandguns.com
- Aaron – Law enforcement marketing specialist, and media contact for WLS.
- Jeremy – Former Marine, instructor, and owner of River’s Edge Tactical in Ohio
- Zak – Zak is retired Air Force Security Forces and full time nursing student.
- Germaine – instructor and co-runs Rocky Mountain Tactical Ladies Shooting Club. Tell us a bit about your shooting club!
- Shawn – I’m Shawn, I’m an instructor, reviewer, competitor but my wife thinks I’m playing cops and robbers.
Drinking game – LIST of WORDS TO NEVER SAY
Shawn – interesting, Actually, absolutely, fantastic.
Aaron – Piece, clip or otorhinolaryngologist
Anybody – WEAPON
Welcome and thanks for joining us tonight.
Go through each guest and talk about the last time they shot, practiced or trained.
This segment we talk about stuff that we have, want and need!
- Shawn: Remington Versa Max Tactical
- 22 inch barrel
- versa port gas system
- 7.5 lbs.
- 8+1 capacity
- Excellent recoil characteristics
- tapped receiver and rail
- picatinny rail near the muzzle
- comes with two choke tubes (tactical extended and improved cylinder)
- the carrier really bites you
- safety on trigger guard
- bolt release is well located below the bolt catch
- bolt release is decent sized and easy to use
- Aaron: Mayflower Plate Carrier (http://www.mayflower-rc.org/)
- LOW-PROFILE ARMOR CARRIER,
- ASSAULT BACK PANEL TYPE 1,
- UW CHEST RIG GEN IV
- Lil: XDs 9mm – and how NO ONE should ever tell a woman that she can’t handle .45ACP (Yes, I decided I should have gotten an XDs 45)
- Jeremy: Springfield Operator TRP
- Savage: bushnell 8x binoculars (or ASC mags/Mitch hand guards if they get here)
- Zak: Ribz Front Pack
- Germ: Remora holsters and a Gun Toten Mamas purse.
This segment is for us to chat about local and sometimes national gun control. Vent away.
- Jeremy: I apologize if I lose it about the Navy yard shooting.
- Aaron: Why do we need a tax stamp for suppressors
- Lil: Washington Navy Yard Shooting
- Jim: Bad news reporting on the Navy Yard Shooting
- Zak: Knee-jerk reaction to Starbucks –
- Vuurwapen Blog
- Some people say “A right not exercised is a right lost.”
- I say “A right abused is a right lost.”
Now it’s time for our Montana update. Our correspondent, Nick, couldn’t be here tonight but he says and I quote, “everything is just fine”.
If fictional characters were to use modern publically available firearms, what would they use? PICK ONLY ONE TO TALK ABOUT
This week: The Wizard of Oz
- Dorothy – Shawn, Sig p238 Rainbow
- Tin Man – Jeremy
- Scarecrow (he can’t get one, strawman purchases are illegal)
- Lion – Aaron, AA-12 Fully Automatic Shotgun
- Wicked Witch – Germaine
- Glenda the Good Witch – (Lil) Hello Kitty Bubble Gun (http://www.cnn.com/2013/01/21/us/pennsylvania-girl-suspended/index.html)
- Oz – Zak, Colt Peacemaker and a Winchester 1866 Yellow Boy
- BONUS TOTO – Savage – two Yugo PAP Ak Pistols, one hanging on each side
Wall of 2nd amendment shame.
Each week we will add 1 name to the wall of shame for those that lobby against the 2nd amendment or it’s supporters.
- New York Times for knee jerk reporting
Gun related website of the week
- Aaron: woot.com
- Lil: http://www.thewellarmedwoman.com
- Shawn: Gunbot.net
- Jeremy: freedommunitions.com
- Savage1r: spokaneguntrader.com
- Germaine: rmtacticalladies.com
- Zak: AndersonRifles.com
Want a free t-shirt? All you have to do is go to welikeshooting.com/shirt and ask us a question. If it is answered on the show, we will be sending you one of our stylish shirts.
Email us questions, comments, or anything else at email@example.com
Please Leave us feedback on iTunes. Let us know how we are doing?
Thanks for listening and shoot straight.